Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Week 4 Notes: Dolphins

  1. #1

    Week 4 Notes: Dolphins

    Tua Tagovailoa would not have practiced Monday with back, ankle injuries

    With the Dolphins and Bengals playing on Thursday night this week, Miami issued its first injury report of the week on Monday afternoon.

    It is lengthy.

    by TaboolaPromoted Links


    Because the Dolphins did not practice on Monday, the injury report is an estimate. Nevertheless, quarterback Tua Tagovailoa would not have practiced with his back and ankle injuries.

    Head coach Mike McDaniel said earlier on Monday that Tagovailoa was sore. And that he effectively wasn’t sure how Tagovialoa would respond over teh course of the week and if the quarterback would be available on Thursday.

    “It’s my first time on a Thursday night game with Tua, so I don’t assume anything,” McDaniel said in his Monday press conference. “But it wasn’t out of the extreme norm of bumps and bruises after a game. But as far as me being able to access my crystal ball, it’s broke right now. That’s one of the reasons why you have a roster of capable people and that’s why we brought Teddy [Bridgewater] here and drafted Skylar [Thompson] — you have to be ready for these types of adjustments. And just like Teddy was ready in the game, we’ll be ready for whatever we have to deal with moving forward.”

    Offensive tackle Terron Armstead (toe), cornerback Xavien Howard (groin/glute), tight end Cethan Carter (concussiopn), offensive lineman Rob Hunt (shin), safety Brandon Jones (chest), tight end Hunter Long (ankle), and receiver Jaylen Waddle (groin) also would not have practiced.

    Edge rusher Melvin Ingram also would not have practiced due to rest.

    Defensive tackle Raekwon Davis (knee), safety Jevon Holland (neck), cornerback Kader Kohou (ankle), offensive tackle Greg Little (finger), defensive lineman Zach Sieler (hand) and receiver Cedrick Wilson (ribs/toe_ would have been limited.

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nkle-injuries/

  2. #2
    A little surprised to see we are 3.5 point favorites.

  3. #3





















    Goodberry











    @JoeGoodberry

    ·
    17m









    Bengals Rookie Cordell Volson has an 80.9 PFF grade in True Pass Sets. 67 snaps and just 2 pressures this season. The last rookie to grade over 80 (TPS) in a full season was in 2016 (Cody Whitehair, Bears).

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post





















    Goodberry











    @JoeGoodberry

    ·
    17m









    Bengals Rookie Cordell Volson has an 80.9 PFF grade in True Pass Sets. 67 snaps and just 2 pressures this season. The last rookie to grade over 80 (TPS) in a full season was in 2016 (Cody Whitehair, Bears).
    He had a few tough reps but playing against Rankins and Quinnen Williams isn’t any easy task. Overall he’s playing well. My issue is less with the interior and more with the Ts. Jonah hasn’t been good at all and Collins has struggled, too. I’ll give Collins more of a pass since he’s playing hurt and really didn’t get meaningful snaps in the PS. Jonah just looks worse, not better, than last year.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    He had a few tough reps but playing against Rankins and Quinnen Williams isn’t any easy task. Overall he’s playing well. My issue is less with the interior and more with the Ts. Jonah hasn’t been good at all and Collins has struggled, too. I’ll give Collins more of a pass since he’s playing hurt and really didn’t get meaningful snaps in the PS. Jonah just looks worse, not better, than last year.
    yup, Jonah is the biggest issue right now. He should be taking a step forward this year, not back. Collins is a worry as well but we knew that his injury status was a gamble potentially for the rest of his career.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    yup, Jonah is the biggest issue right now. He should be taking a step forward this year, not back. Collins is a worry as well but we knew that his injury status was a gamble potentially for the rest of his career.
    weird, people on twitter are talking about how Jonah was the best OL on Sunday lol.





    Mike
    @bengals_sans·
    20m




    Jonah Williams might have been the best OL on Sunday. He was patient in his set and had very nice hand placement. Lawson got him a couple times, but nothing major.





    Mike
    @bengals_sans·
    16m



    This tweet was only meant to highlight his pass pro. He wasn't the best in the run game on Sunday.

  8. #8
    Part of the disconnect is this.


    Goodberry
    @JoeGoodberry
    Bengals pass blocking grades in True Pass Sets

    Volson - 80.9
    Jonah - 72.5
    Cappa - 70.4
    Karras - 62.9
    Collins - 44.8

    Bengals run blocking grades from PFF

    Collins - 75.0
    Karras - 68.1
    Cappa - 65.2
    Volson - 55.0
    Jonah - 39.7


    Left side pass blocks well, right side run blocks well.

    I just expected more from Jonah this year and would erase some question marks on his future with the team.

  9. #9
       
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,312
    Oof! Reader out for awhile (not season ender).

  10. #10
    Kelsey Conway




    @KelseyLConway

    ·
    41m









    Significant Bengals news: The initial tests reveal that DJ Reader, who suffered a knee injury against NYJ, will not be back anytime soon. It is not expected to be a season-ender, but the Bengals will be without their star nose tackle for an extended period of time, per source.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •