Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Stats Thread

This stuff is great. Thanks for sharing

Remember when everyone thought Lou would be first fired? How times have changed.

The Defense has played great the first 4 games, but we need to remember they basically faced 4 backup QB's...

If they hold Baltimore under 24 points this week, I will be impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas Bengal View Post
    The Defense has played great the first 4 games, but we need to remember they basically faced 4 backup QB's...

If they hold Baltimore under 24 points this week, I will be impressed.
    Right there with you. Other than Tua (who was pretty solid before the unfortunate injury), they haven’t faced anyone who’s a legit starter-quality QB. So this is a big test.

Granted, LJ doesn’t have great weapons at WR, but he’s got a helluva TE, a promising TE in Likely, and his running game hasn’t gotten on track. But despite that, they could pretty easily be 4-0 if not for some bad defense down the stretch… against some good QBs on good teams.

Have not allowed a second half touchdown all season. I don’t care who you’re playing, that’s good. And the Dallas QB may not be a “starter” but he has played well.

This week will be a good test. Really the first time playing a legit starting caliber QB for a full game all season. Let alone an actual good QB.

Stop the ravens and I’ll be definitely buying into this D!

Whoops missed the several posts above this saying the exact same thing.

Cincinnati Bengals

@Bengals
    3m

MORE NOISE FOR THE DEFENSE

Our defense has only allowed one TD over its last 31 opponent drives.

Jake Liscow
    @JakeLiscow·
    44s

In older stats it's also bleak. On 1st-2nd downs, the Bengals' 4.0 yards per play is last in the NFL.

1st down's 3.7 is 2nd worst,

2nd down's 4.3 is 8th worst.

Gotta get better on early downs!

Ben Baby
    @Ben_Baby·
    46m

Cincinnati's Tee Higgins leads all WR in yards per target (11.3), per @ESPNStatsInfo. Higgins also fifth in the NFL in yards per route (2.81).

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Ben Baby
    @Ben_Baby·
    46m

Cincinnati's Tee Higgins leads all WR in yards per target (11.3), per @ESPNStatsInfo. Higgins also fifth in the NFL in yards per route (2.81).
    He's setting himself up for a huge payday. Good for him. Wonder if he'll want to stay, even if they throw big money at him? Or will he pull a Marvin Jones and want to be the #1 elsewhere? 'Cuz he's definitely a #1 WR for a good chunk of teams.