Thread: Bears thoughts at 8-3

Blog Entries

Bears thoughts at 8-3

First and foremost, RIP the fan that fell/jumped through the columns...rumors going around that he ran and jumped off, but the media/Soldier Field officials are still saying it could have been an accident...condolences to his family and friends.

Give Mike Tice some credit. He never gave up on the O-Line he coached. He tried a couple new things working around experience and injury, and has them back to respectable. 11 games in, the O-Line seems to have worked out kinks and understand now what their assignments are for the most part.

Tommie Harris had a huge tipped pass that led to a Chris Harris interception in the end zone. Whatever your thoughts are of him, give him credit for at least trying still when he DOES get on the field.

Matt Forte, welcome back to form.

Cutler had no picks...this is how the team can make it to and possibly THROUGH the playoffs. If the Defensive front 4 apply pressure, the linebackers and secondary contain and limit opposing yardage and limit 3rd down conversions, and Cutler limits turnovers, this is a legit contender.

Doesn't feel like a sole possession of 1st place team, nor an 8-3 team, but I will GLADLY take it.

Marinelli did a good job containing Vick. I was worried the Bears would 1) over pursue, causing him to gain yards by running up the middle of the field and 2) as Clem can attest in another post, and one of their TDs somehow to Celek did happen in triple coverage, but the Cover 2 has always annoyed me because the middle of the field and the depth behind the linebackers, in front of the secondary drives me nuts. Bears did a good job of limiting those 30 yard pass plays especially to Maclin and Jackson, just as the Giants had the week before. Great job by the front 4, especially the freak Peppers, for not only disrupting Vick in the pocket, but the continuing pursuit was impressive.

I'm traveling from Chi to Detroit for next week's game to see the Bears in person for the first time in 8 years...I can't wait, and I hope I don't bring bad luck to HOPEFULLY the 2010 NFC North Champs!
    Last edited by DannyMilk; 11-29-2010 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Spelling/Grammar
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

2. I cannot believe the Bears got their protection issues fixed. They were a mess in New York. The NFL is more fun with Bears fans talking trash. Love it, or maybe Lovie it

The Bears are as unbelievable to me at 8-3 as the Bucs are at 7-4. With Tampa I think they are still unproven as they have yet to beat a team with a winning record. But the Bears now have quality wins over the Eagles and Vikings, plus the shutout vs the Dolphins two weeks ago. They might be legit.

Blog Entries
    and Pack
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris Collinsworth View Post
    I cannot believe the Bears got their protection issues fixed. They were a mess in New York. The NFL is more fun with Bears fans talking trash. Love it, or maybe Lovie it
    I wouldn't call them "fixed". We still have a RT playing on the left side, and rookie 7th rounder playing on RT. Webb still can be beat terribly at times, but he is getting better. We still can't run effectively. Take away the 61 yard run by Forte and we averaged a very pedestrian 2.7 YPA on the ground. Cutler played an amazingly efficient game, the highlight of which was his scramble to the right, and dumpoff to Hester for 35 yards at the start of the 3rd Qtr.

So I'm not sold on our OL and Cutler yet. He aqlso had a near perfect game against Dallas. We all know he can play at yesterday's level. We all know he has the ability of putting up a 4 INT stinker as well.
    But the D was awesome. Only Vick's incredible throw in their last drive made it look closer than it seems. That was triple coverage, and the window was ridiculously tight.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte