Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vick's turnaround

Heh, ok. Going to jail for illegal gambling != weight loss issues.

Self imposed rehab > state/federal mandated rehab.

Say what you will about whether Michael Vick and Mike Williams (SEA) caused their own departure from football, but also don't discredit them for turning their lives around so much so that they have regained their jobs and are both starters. In Vick's case he improved his entire image and work ethic, and has surpassed his former abilities on the field. As a Comeback POTY candidate I think Vick and Williams both have valid arguments for consideration.

I agree that Brady and Rivers are both having better seasons. If I were pressed to decide I would have to give MVP to Rivers with Brady directly behind him. If the Texans had even half a defense and were in playoff consideration, a small argument could be made for Arian Foster. But the defense has caused them to be glorified spoilers now. I was making a point in Vick's defense, but I don't think he wins it right now. Brady is having a great season (23:4 TD:INT, 66.3% Comp.), but I feel Rivers has done the same with even less help. He is on pace to break the single season passing record and is throwing a beautiful deep ball. I think I'd take him in any tough game over all 31 other starters at this moment.
    Last edited by Wordsworth; 12-04-2010 at 05:41 PM.

3. Vick played all of last year and put up small numbers. He should be considered for CB player of the year because, this year he is putting up monster numbers compared to last year. CB player of the year is coming back from something that occurred the previous season. Last year (2009) was Vick's chance to get the award after being in jail the previous season (2008). What happened two years ago and beyond doesn't matter for this years CBPOTY award.
    Last edited by Turk Schonert; 12-04-2010 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk Schonert View Post
    CB player of the year is coming back from something that occurred the previous season.
    Then Matt Cassel certainly is in the mix.