View Poll Results: As a Giants fan, who would you rather see start?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Favre

2 66.67%
  • Jackson

1 33.33%

Thread: Who do we want to see start for the Vikings?

Who do we want to see start for the Vikings?

I've asked this question in chats the past couple of nights: As a Giants fan, who would I rather see play at QB for the Vikings on Sunday?

Favre is slightly injured and having a bad season. But still capable of lighting it up.

Jackson is obviously less experienced, but has running ability and youthful energy.

Blog Entries
    Well, I think this will happen.

Grandpa Favre will start. Someone will hit him. He'll go to the locker room, and Tjack will play. So, prep for both

Seriously, I'll say what I did when the Pats played them. I'd rather have the old looking 41 year old who you know will force balls and make bad plays then the less skilled, mobile, young guy who might, just might, do what's best for the team.
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.

Blog Entries
    If I were a Giants fan, I'd rather see Favre because he's struggling, and that means he will throw you a couple. TJack might do the same, but they could add some wrinkles with his mobility, whereas the wheels are coming off Brett's wagon and you know he's going to fade. TJack is physically fresh, and I think the Vikings should start him regardless of Brett's shoulder. Actually, I thought they should have started him a long time ago.

Blog Entries
    Favre. Because Tjack can break contain, and Old-Yeller can't.
    Doesn't matter though, you'll see both. The G-men are overdue for concussing another QB..
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Grandpa Favre will start. Someone will hit him. He'll go to the locker room, and Tjack will play. So, prep for both
    Seems likely. I do not expect Brett to play a full game for the rest of the season. He's just too old.

I totally agree with Amy and GFiT... Favre will start and get hurt.

For some reason though, Tavaris Jackson just doesn't scare me as much as Favre. I just think the Giants complex blitzes will confuse Jackson much more than Favre.
    I'm probably just affected by Favre's career and reputation from years past though...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan97 View Post
    I totally agree with Amy and GFiT... Favre will start and get hurt.

For some reason though, Tavaris Jackson just doesn't scare me as much as Favre. I just think the Giants complex blitzes will confuse Jackson much more than Favre.
    I'm probably just affected by Favre's career and reputation from years past though...
    No, I think you're right. Favre's recent success is in large part due to being able to read defenses, having seen it all. The problems arise when you cover and the blitz gets home.

Watching SportsCenter, Mark Schlereth just opined "America is sick of Brett Favre." newsflash Stink.

In a manner befitting his antics over the last three years, Favre will continue to start games so he can maintain his ironman streak and Tavaris Jackson will play at least 40% of the Vikings snaps while the Silver Fox is on the sideline exaggerating a boo-boo.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.