Thread: Will the Jets, can the Jets

Will the Jets, can the Jets

With the news of D'brick agreeing to terms on a contract extension, the new question is will they be able to sign Revis, Harris and Mangold to new contracts? Should they sign all three?

Interesting point on PFT in the last few days that a lot of the young Jets were really intent on signing long term extensions this off-season, even if it meant making a little less, because of Leon Washington's gruesome injury last year. They all were slapped in the face with their football mortality.

Jetsfan, who is most likely to earn Alan Faneca's starting spot? I'm curious as to the depth of the Jets Oline. Their starting Oline is downright nasty even with Faneca gone from my view.
    Just call me Ott.

Ott,
    I am hearing Slausen so far, because of his nastiness. I would like that to happen. He also has a year under his belt actually playing in this offense.I think Ducasse prob needs a year before taking over the role. Ducasse is raw talent at this point. I do think Vlad will be a beast next season. I am not sold on turner as being a starter. Anything would be good though, Faneca let up more sacks than any other LG in the nfl last season.
    Last edited by Jetsfan; 07-07-2010 at 04:41 PM.

They can [uncapped year, no?], but I don't think they will. One of the reasons that the NFL is a very difficult league to build a dynasty in is that [and this is the case in other leagues, too] it is hard to keep a 'rising, young' team intact. If other teams are willing to pay, I don't think the Jets can retain all their young guns. As a Pats fan, I hope they don't.
    “There is an old saying about the strength of the wolf is the pack, and I think there is a lot of truth to that. On a football team, it's not the strength of the individual players, but it is the strength of the unit and how they all function together.”--Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan View Post
    Ott,
    I am hearing Slausen so far, because of his nastiness. I would like that to happen. He also has a year under his belt actually playing in this offense.I think Ducasse prob needs a year before taking over the role. Ducasse is raw talent at this point. I do think Vlad will be a beast next season. I am not sold on turner as being a starter. Anything would be good though, Faneca let up more sacks than any other LG in the nfl last season.
    i'm hearing vlad has the edge, but we'll see what happens. slausen does have that long-standing relationship with callahan. first through his career at nebraska, and now, one year into his pro career.

a lot of jets fans believe the RT spot is vlad's long term future, eventually replacing woody, while LG is slausen's long term future, either replacing faneca this year, or replacing vlad when he slides over to the RT spot. it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.