Thread: Super Bowl Champion Minnesota Vikings

Super Bowl Champion Minnesota Vikings

The Vikings' 2010 season started as so many have before, sending a private plane with 2 of the best linemen in football, and a kicker, down to Mississippi to beg someone's grandfather to play quarterback for them. Isn't that the way every great story starts?

After losing 5 of their first 4 games (wait, is that right?), the Vikings fired their coach and turned their franchise over to a former member of the '85 Bears, figuring, 'why not, it worked for the Titans and 49ers'. After beating traditional football powerhouses Georgetown and Akron the last 2 weeks, the mighty Vikings stand at 5-7. If the elementary math skills I learned at Northeastern University (speaking of traditional football powerhouses) hold up, the Vikings could still finish 9-7. Teams have made the playoffs with 9 wins. Not good teams. Not teams that you'd invite home to meet your parents, but it has happened. In 2008 the Cardinals came within 35 seconds of winning the Super Bowl after going 9-7.

You know where I'm going with this, right? Is it possible? The Vikings have good players, a lot of them. Adrian Peterson, Jared Allen, Steve Hutchinson, Antoine Winfield, Randy Moss, Onterrio Smith, Fran Tarkenton, Joe Kapp, Se7en. Ok, I haven't watched the Vikings in a while, but I bet a lot of those guys are still there. Can the Vikings win their last 4, have the Giants, Packers and Buccaneers all lose out, win 3 playoff games on the road, then win the Super Bowl?

One of the most overused expressions in sports (after 'are you kidding me?'), is 'stranger things have happened'. Have stranger things happened than the homeless, dysfunctional, underachieving, geriatrically quarterbacked Vikings winning the Super Bowl? No. Is it even remotely possible? No, of course not. Frankly, the fact that you even read this far into this pointless and long-winded post makes me question your intelligence. Good day.

Omg!
    Some people think the name of the Washington Redskins football team is offensive. There’s an easy way to fix that. You can just drop the word ‘Washington.’ ~ Ted Cruz

Dude, that was damn funny.

Anyway, gonna get a lot tougher for the Vikes. Favre is OUT tonight and is possibly headed to IR.

If it does happen though, my head will explode. I'd nominate Se7en for MVP.

Blog Entries
    So I just had my version of Planes, Trains and Automobiles back from Chicago today. I needed a good laugh. Thanks Andy.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Quote Originally Posted by SpartaChris View Post
    Dude, that was damn funny.

Anyway, gonna get a lot tougher for the Vikes. Favre is OUT tonight and is possibly headed to IR.

If it does happen though, my head will explode. I'd nominate Se7en for MVP.
    I don't what planet I was on when this was posted. Cannot believe I missed this thread.

And I'll second that nomination on se7en so long as he Co-MVP with NorseOfCourse.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.