View Poll Results: Who will win this game?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Turk Schonert (NFL quarterback and NFL coach)

    2 40.00%
  • Joe Fess (Non-NFL quarterback and game thread moderator for FPL)

    2 40.00%
  • Fessjl0861 just wins by getting here.

    1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: FPL II Championship Game Turk Talk vs. Rubbin' Stankonit

  1. #1
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gettin' lucky in Kentucky
    Posts
    1,891
    Blog Entries
    2

    FPL II Championship Game Turk Talk vs. Rubbin' Stankonit

    Well, The time has arrived here in FPL 2. It is championship weekend!

    We have the 2 seed Turk Talk team (or triple T for short) who beat the 7 seeded Cleveland Pride-in-Pain team in the first round, and was able to get rid of Danny's DaBearsFan's Destroyers in round 2. He gets to play me in the championship game.

    My 6-7 Rubbin' Stankonit ninjas with the 8 seed beat the 1 seeded Docta's Rejects in the first round (Docta you thumped me twice this year badly), and pulled one out over our own Andy Freeland's 5 seeded FPL Fipples in the second round.

    Turk, you can't lose this. No one wants to hear me talk about beating an NFL quarterback, and NFL coach at fantasy football. This website needs you to beat me. But the question remains. Can you???
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

  2. Quote Originally Posted by FessJL0861 View Post
    Well, The time has arrived here in FPL 2. It is championship weekend!

    We have the 2 seed Turk Talk team (or triple T for short) who beat the 7 seeded Cleveland Pride-in-Pain team in the first round, and was able to get rid of Danny's DaBearsFan's Destroyers in round 2. He gets to play me in the championship game.

    My 6-7 Rubbin' Stankonit ninjas with the 8 seed beat the 1 seeded Docta's Rejects in the first round (Docta you thumped me twice this year badly), and pulled one out over our own Andy Freeland's 5 seeded FPL Fipples in the second round.

    Turk, you can't lose this. No one wants to hear me talk about beating an NFL quarterback, and NFL coach at fantasy football. This website needs you to beat me. But the question remains. Can you???
    I want to know how your team got so stacked? Where did you draft? I was 14th.

  3. #3
    1 seed going into the playoffs, and I'm not even going to end up with the 5th place award.

    Foster and Hillis just happened to pick these last 2 weeks to stink it up.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

  4. #4
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gettin' lucky in Kentucky
    Posts
    1,891
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    1 seed going into the playoffs, and I'm not even going to end up with the 5th place award.

    Foster and Hillis just happened to pick these last 2 weeks to stink it up.
    Welcome to "life with Chris Johnson" for the last 14 weeks. That guy has played the biggest role to my 6-7 record entering the playoffs. I feel your pain dude.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

  5. #5
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gettin' lucky in Kentucky
    Posts
    1,891
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk Schonert View Post
    I want to know how your team got so stacked? Where did you draft? I was 14th.
    I picked 2nd and snagged CJ2K, but he has been on and off all year. V Jax was a waiver wire pickup a few weeks ago. I thought you have worked the wire pretty damned efficiently over the course of the season dude. Every time I go to get the one guy I really want, a team with a higher priority (read Turk Talk) snagged him first.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

  6. #6
    A total sham. You only beat me last week cause your players scored more points than mine. I'm filing a formal protest, and an informal one.

  7. #7
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gettin' lucky in Kentucky
    Posts
    1,891
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    A total sham. You only beat me last week cause your players scored more points than mine. I'm filing a formal protest, and an informal one.
    I hear Jenn Sterger has a really good attorney. Just don't text her. The last guy that did got a concussion.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

  8. Quote Originally Posted by FessJL0861 View Post
    I picked 2nd and snagged CJ2K, but he has been on and off all year. V Jax was a waiver wire pickup a few weeks ago. I thought you have worked the wire pretty damned efficiently over the course of the season dude. Every time I go to get the one guy I really want, a team with a higher priority (read Turk Talk) snagged him first.
    I almost voted me as executive of the year as much time as I spent on the waiver wire. I've enjoyed my first ever fantasy league. By the way ... I'm picking your team to win!!

  9. #9
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gettin' lucky in Kentucky
    Posts
    1,891
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk Schonert View Post
    I almost voted me as executive of the year as much time as I spent on the waiver wire. I've enjoyed my first ever fantasy league. By the way ... I'm picking your team to win!!
    It really has been a fun league. Other than one owner who quit mid-season (and I lost to him for cryin' out loud), we have been real competitive. As long as everyone is in for next year, I see this being fun again. Which reminds me, we need to email everyone so they can pick their 3 keepers for next year.

    Now that you voted for me, I have to change my vote to you! You can't be nice, that's just not fair!
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

  10. Hey Fess,
    I sure hope you start Ben Jarvis Green Ellis in the championship and didn't claim him to sit on the bench so that I couldn't get him. That would be unsportsmanlike conduct and I would have to penalize you 15 points. You should not be allowed to claim anyone ... you had the Steelers 'D' against the worst offense in the league at home (I was proud of Carolina for keeping the point total for the Steelers D to under 20). Also, I just got off the phone with coach Studesville of Denver, I explained my fantasy situation to him, and he has decided to start Orton this week and play him the entire game unless there is a blowout.

Similar Threads

  1. Turk Talk
    By Turk Schonert in forum Turk Schonert
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 10:25 PM
  2. Trade Talk FPL 3
    By IndyColtsFan in forum FPL Leagues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 01:38 AM
  3. Turk talk!!!
    By Kosar19 in forum Turk Schonert
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 01:59 PM
  4. Turk Talk coined by FessJL0861
    By Colts01 in forum Turk Schonert
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-24-2010, 01:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •