View Poll Results: Who will win this game?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ohio State Buckeyes

3 75.00%
  • Arkansas Razorbacks

1 25.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Allstate Sugar Bowl - FINAL - Ohio State 31 Arkansas 26

Blog Entries
    Well, we brought that on ourselves by not trying to score in the second half. Gutty performance by a hobbled Ohio State defense down the stretch, but it never should have come to that.
    @kocsan

Blog Entries
    WHEW!!! Glad to see the Buckeyes win that. It was close, not pretty and there was a TresselBall sighting but a Win!! Glad to see the win occur and vs. a SEC team. (The Florida & LSU losses are still stinging). In the words of Chaka Khan in 1984, "This Is My Night"!!

GO BUCKS!
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    Good way to end the bowl season for the Big 10.
    You mean that Big Ten Co-Champion could hold off the last minute come from behind charge from the 4th Best team in the SEC West by the great play of their suspended players that the NCAA granted "Jordan Rules" status to play in the Sugar Bowl?

While Ann Arbor was outshown in Management acumen and decisiveness by Al Davis?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darvon View Post
    You mean that Big Ten Co-Champion could hold off the last minute come from behind charge from the 4th Best team in the SEC West by the great play of their suspended players that the NCAA granted "Jordan Rules" status to play in the Sugar Bowl?
    Well, that's an overly cynical rendering of events. Arkansas was a 10-2 team (who beat LSU, played Alabama down to the wire and kept pace with Auburn until injuries caught up with them), and I'd say that at the end of the season they were a better football team than LSU and Alabama.

I'm not making excuses for Ohio State, but if the entire defensive backfield doesn't get hurt two or three times over, I really wonder how close this game would have been in the end. That said, it wouldn't have been close at all without the performance of the vaunted suspended players, but it's not like anyone from the Southeastern Conference ever has problems with eligibility issues or the NCAA.

Tressel should have kept throwing in the third quarter. We wouldn't even be talking about this now.
    @kocsan

Blog Entries
    That turned out to be a bit better of a game than I thought. It was a "give the game away" festival in the 4th, but still a good game.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Interesting subplot:

It's the QB RichRod could not keep (Ryan Mallett) VS. the QB RichRod could not get to commit (Terrelle Pryor)

Mallett and the Razorbacks get the better of the Suckeyes tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    C'mon man.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Quote Originally Posted by darvon View Post

While Ann Arbor was outshown in Management acumen and decisiveness by Al Davis?
    Well they lost, so it wasn't really that good of a come from behind charge. And the Buckeyes lost their best CB for the rest of the game, so that really hurt.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    Well they lost, so it wasn't really that good of a come from behind charge. And the Buckeyes lost their best CB for the rest of the game, so that really hurt.

It also didn't help that OSU went ultra conservative on offense, after brilliant playcalling in the first half.

Ohio State only attempted SIX passes the entire 2nd half.

Blog Entries
    The Bucks did get too conservative for me. I felt like the 1st half was Awesome for the most part but when TresselBall showed up it wasn't fun anymore and I turned 5 shades of gray.

Love the win though! Sugar Bowl Champs!
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley