Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Josh Freeman is a Football God!!

Add me to the group that undervalued the Bucs all year. Early in the season someone mentioned the possibility of them winning 9 or 10 games and challenging for a playoff berth and all but laughed in their face. They still have a ways to go, particularly in a very tough division, but they are really starting to put together some young offensive weapons. Josh Freeman, LaGarrette Blount (1000 yards in 13 games as an undrafted rookie), Mike Williams (East coast version, 11 receiving TDs). In one year Raheem Morris went from 'is he even qualified' to a legitimate coach of the year candidate. Could be a fun team to watch over the next couple of years, assuming Josh Freeman gets a haircut.

Killeen, TX - Currently in Iraq since 2005
    One should be impressed with what Freeman did last season. Especially when you factor in that only one of his offensive lineman played in all 16-games. He Essentially was playing with rookies at all the skill positions except for tight end and seems to only get better in the 4 quarter. If he continues to progress at his current rate and the team can find away to protect him better will add key pieces around him the sky is truly the limit for him.

Blog Entries
    Yes, they need to improve their offensive line, and then focus on improving theiir defense even more, so that not all the weight is on Josh every single game.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    Yes, they need to improve their offensive line, and then focus on improving theiir defense even more, so that not all the weight is on Josh every single game.
    The offense is not that huge of a problem for Tampa. Donald Penn, Jeff Faine, and Davin Joseph (if re-signed) are all good players. Tampa desperately needs help though on defense, specifically pass-rushers and outside linebackers. They also need secondary help. A defense that started Tim Crowder, Quincy Black, and Sean Jones needs help.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Blog Entries
    They'll be picking in the 20s, maybe a stud LT is out there, or maybe DE that slipped through the cracks?
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Blog Entries
    They'll be picking in the 20s, maybe a stud LT is out there, or maybe DE that slipped through the cracks?
    They don't need a LT, Donald Penn is better than most starters in the NFL. They are almost guaranteed to be able to get a stud DE though in this deep a class. Can't imagine guys like Kerrigan, Watt, Heyward, and Bailey are all gone by then.

Killeen, TX - Currently in Iraq since 2005
    What hurt the teams rebuilding project on defense has been the switching from a 4-3 Tampa 2, to a 4-3 two gap scheme then this past season the Bucs ran alot of hybrid formations with there base being the 4-3. But when you are in year one of running a hybrid defense with 34 fronts, 33 fronts & 52 fronts its to be expected that there will be struggles. The secondary played lights out considering they lost Tanard Jackson (suspension) for all but one game. Throw in Aqib Talib missed games due to suspension and injury and Cody Grimm who took Jackson place was lost to injury and the strength of the Bucs defense truly lied with there secondary, even without a pass rush which only makes what they were able to accomplish stand out even more.

If the Bucs can rebuild the front seven on the fly, the team has a chance to make a run or be in contention for the playoffs this coming season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    They don't need a LT, Donald Penn is better than most starters in the NFL. They are almost guaranteed to be able to get a stud DE though in this deep a class. Can't imagine guys like Kerrigan, Watt, Heyward, and Bailey are all gone by then.
    As always, I bow before your command of the rosters of all NFL franchises.

I was just stuck thinking of all those goaline situations in which the Bucs didn't punch it in. Maybe I'm lending too much weight to that 1 Atlanta game? I must confess that I mostly watched the Bucs on the redzone channel and in the last few games of the season.
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Blog Entries
    As always, I bow before your command of the rosters of all NFL franchises.

I was just stuck thinking of all those goaline situations in which the Bucs didn't punch it in. Maybe I'm lending too much weight to that 1 Atlanta game? I must confess that I mostly watched the Bucs on the redzone channel and in the last few games of the season.
    It's amazing how much Madden helps. I'll go through every name on every roster to learn it, then I'll go find out how good they are through some other medium.

Football Outsiders has the Bucs O-Line 24th overall in run-blocking, 17th in power situations though. So they could use some upgrade at some spots I guess, most definitely at RT. Tampa's defense was really bad though, at least in the front seven. They had virtually no pass-rush from either defensive end spot, and their linebackers were horrendous against the run. The D-Line was actually decent enough against the run, but if the back got into the second level it was brutal.