View Poll Results: Who will win the Championship?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Collinsworth

3 42.86%
  • Donkeyslappers

3 42.86%
  • Split between Favre Wurst/Donkeyslappers (Favre traded Vick to Donkeyslappers)

1 14.29%

Thread: FPL 1 League Championship: Collinsworth vs. Donkeyslappers

FPL 1 League Championship: Collinsworth vs. Donkeyslappers

Team Collinsworth made some curious draft selections, but strong pickups and astute roster management led to a championship appearance.

The Oakland Donkeyslappers lucked into Arian Foster and Mike Wallace among others at the draft, and snagged L. Blount off the waiver wire just in time. And there was that little Vick trade....

Who will emerge victorious?

Team Collinsworth is one lucky SOB to be sure. Drafting while simultaneously attending a woman's soccer game, and winning despite starting a running back who didn't even play and a receiver who left due to injury. Some guys just have all the luck!

Good luck to both this weekend!

Blog Entries
    i'm still wondering how i ended up in dead last!
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

Donkeyslappers team has been a beast all season...but not sure how CC made it here after drafting Spiller and Addai with his 2nd and 3rd picks, then TO and Ocho next...
    “There is an old saying about the strength of the wolf is the pack, and I think there is a lot of truth to that. On a football team, it's not the strength of the individual players, but it is the strength of the unit and how they all function together.”--Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Donkeyslappers team has been a beast all season...but not sure how CC made it here after drafting Spiller and Addai with his 2nd and 3rd picks, then TO and Ocho next...
    Well the TO pick turned out to be great. And you win leagues through the waiver wire. You'd have to be psychic to win a league just by drafting.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Yeah, problem in a 16-team league is that the waiver wire is ridiculous to use if you're in the top 3 or 4. You have to try to guess who is going to break out a week in advance, rather than react to someone's emergence. Hence, my Ajirotutu play midseason.
    “There is an old saying about the strength of the wolf is the pack, and I think there is a lot of truth to that. On a football team, it's not the strength of the individual players, but it is the strength of the unit and how they all function together.”--Bill Belichick