Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playoff hopes to rest on the shoulders of one Trent Edwards

Playoff hopes to rest on the shoulders of one Trent Edwards

Another twist in one of the strangest seasons I can remember.....
    David Garrard to have finger surgery

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback David Garrard will miss the season finale at Houston because of a finger injury.
    Garrard will have surgery on the middle finger of his right hand Thursday. Trent Edwards is likely to start in Garrard's place, essentially giving the former Buffalo Bills starter an audition with Jacksonville.

Garrard injured his finger when he hit it on an opposing player's helmet at Indianapolis on Dec. 19. He threw a crucial interception late in that game, and threw two more picks in a 20-17 overtime loss to Washington on Sunday. He also fumbled twice.

Garrard likely would miss a first-round playoff game if the Jaguars (8-7) make the postseason. Jacksonville needs to beat Houston and have Tennessee upset Indianapolis to win the AFC South.

Making that even more improbable, the Jaguars likely will be without star running back Maurice Jones-Drew. He missed his fourth consecutive practice Wednesday because of an injured right knee that probably will need offseason surgery

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5966281
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Blog Entries
    Edwards' psyche is shot, but Houston's D might be bad enough for him to make the odd completion. I'd just blitz him non-stop and win by 142 points if I were Kubiak.

Trent Edwards shall lead the Jags to the promised land, 2 yards at a time. Wow, talk about a collapse in Jacksonville - I feel bad for Del Rio.

Quote Originally Posted by Swami View Post
    Edwards' psyche is shot, but Houston's D might be bad enough for him to make the odd completion. I'd just blitz him non-stop and win by 142 points if I were Kubiak.
    At this point, I think Mario Williams yelling "Boo" at the line of scrimmage would be enough to cause Edwards to collapse in a heap.

Poor Jags.

Blog Entries
    Best of luck against those nine man fronts, Mr. Jones-Drew.

Excuse me while I log into my Pick'em League and change my pick.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    What, Trent Edwards will not dominate?
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Who is Trent Edwards?

Who are the Jacksonville Jaguars?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    Who is Trent Edwards?
    He's the guy who will be handing off to not Maurice Jones-Drew. You might recognize him by his attempt to emulate Tom Brady by starting with the hair. You will also recognize him by the passes thrown parallel or sub-parallel to the line of scrimmage, late in a play, on third and 10. Or any down and distance, really.

Who are the Jacksonville Jaguars?
    They're the guys Maurice Jones-Drew won't be carrying to the playoffs this weekend, as he is also injured.

I suppose you could also say they're th efirst team to be knocked out of the playoffs this week.

Blog Entries
    Can't wait for the "I just ran the plays the coaches called" answers to the "why'd you check down every freaking play" questions from the soon-to-be flabbergasted Jacksonville press. They should divide time of possession into its components. If "Time ball held by the QB while eschewing down-field options or staring holes through his targets " was one, Edwards would be the all-time leader.

I've grown to like Steve Tasker's color work, and he nailed it one game last year, saying "Trent Edwards likes to throw the ball to guys who are standing still looking at him." Not exactly the highest of praise.