Thread: Hoodie Jr. in KC as the offensive coordinator?

Hoodie Jr. in KC as the offensive coordinator?

I know,Espn.com can be alot like TMZ these days but if Charlie Weis takes the Florida job it would somehow make some sense I think.Do you guys and girls think McDaniels would work in Kc?

blog can be found here
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...s-replace-weis

There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

I can't see Haley picking him - there seemed to be a strong personal dislike. But if he does hire Hoodie Jr. I think it would be a great move. McDaniels was in over his head at Denver but he's still a solid offense coach.

Blog Entries
    I am still puzzled why Charlie Weis would even consider going from a pretty good resurgent pro team to the same job at the college level. Makes no sense to me. Plus, I tend to agree with clem. The strong personal dislike would make me believe he is destined to be the special teams coordinator in Oakland or New England.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FessJL0861 View Post
    I am still puzzled why Charlie Weis would even consider going from a pretty good resurgent pro team to the same job at the college level. Makes no sense to me. Plus, I tend to agree with clem. The strong personal dislike would make me believe he is destined to be the special teams coordinator in Oakland or New England.
    Because there's no possible way for both Weis and Haley's egos to coexist in harmony. They both want to be recognized as the mastermind and to be able to take the credit.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Their egos are probably too big to work with one another, but he would be a perfect fit. Hoodie Jr. wanted Matt Cassell in Denver, and with Scott Pioli also in KC, Hoodie Jr. would be the perfect compliment to New England West.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    Because there's no possible way for both Weis and Haley's egos to coexist in harmony. They both want to be recognized as the mastermind and to be able to take the credit.
    This. I think Kaba is spot on. Haley called the plays for two months this year, then gave that to Charlie and KC's offense got much much better. I think Haley doesn't want the perception that Charlie is the reason for his success, since he, too, is an offense guy.

Other reasons could be money - maybe Florida pays better. Or maybe whoever the new HC coach is at Florida wants Charlie. I would seem to me, and I could well be wrong, that, Florida already has a HC ready if they're hiring staff.
    "Amy is happily drinking the tears of Broncos fans." Giantsfan97.

Migod - did Charlie Weiss intentionally screw the Chiefs in the game against the Ravens.

If that's what an "Offensive Genius" looks like, I'll stick with Brian Dabboll.

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    Migod - did Charlie Weiss intentionally screw the Chiefs in the game against the Ravens.

If that's what an "Offensive Genius" looks like, I'll stick with Brian Dabboll.
    Hard to tell. Did Weis check out early or did Haley take over playcalling in the second half? Either way there is no doubt the Chiefs looked radically different on offense after halftime.

The Ravens also looked mad in the second half. Not just competitive mad but genuinely angry. And they kept mocking the crowd at Arrowhead which makes me wonder what sort of things the crowd was saying to them.

Blog Entries
    I echo Clem. The KC offense *did* change after halftime and not for the better. It went from efficient and run heavy (Cassel was 2 of 3 in the first half) to pass happy. It made no sense at all, not for a moment. But, was that Charlie changing things up, or was that Haley?

In either event, I think if I were KC, I'd go after Josh, since he has worked, and worked well, with Cassel in Foxboro.
    "Amy is happily drinking the tears of Broncos fans." Giantsfan97.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post

In either event, I think if I were KC, I'd go after Josh, since he has worked, and worked well, with Cassel in Foxboro.
    Agree
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard