Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just for Fun; Fantasy Coaching Staff Anyone?

Blog Entries
    well, I just think he's been stuck with teams where he's had nothing to work with. The players he had while he was here were all busts, no fault of his own in my opinion...I think he handled things pretty well while he was here even though we were a borderline laughingstock
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

Jauron is hated in Buffalo. He'd sit on leads and was completely unable to make adjustments.

Turk's antipathy to Jauron is well known - as an outsider, Jauron's dismissal of Schonert made no sense whatsoever. I'll be honest, he was the worst of the HCs that the Bills have had in the post-Levy era.

But he's not leading the Browns, only the defensive coordinator, but I tell you, the thought of him on the browns' sideline really makes me fel uncomfortable.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, in eight full seasons as a head coach, Jauron has had exactly one winning season. One.

That said, he has a background as a secondary coach, and our team has a lot of promising young DBs. I suspect we will add even more in this draft, so having a guy like Jauron around to help bring them up may not be the end of the world. It's certainly not a sexy hire, though... just like the head coaching decision.

I would kind of like to know who the hell the offensive coordinator is going to be.
    @kocsan

Yeah, you make a good point. You've talked me off the ledge.

As for the OC, I've only been reading rumours - the latest one is that they are having trouble hiring their choices because Shurmur wants to call the plays himself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    Yeah, you make a good point. You've talked me off the ledge.

As for the OC, I've only been reading rumours - the latest one is that they are having trouble hiring their choices because Shurmur wants to call the plays himself.
    Yeah. If the offense doesn't perform well, the coordinator will be on the chopping block, not the head coach. A kind of perverse development if the head coach is calling the plays.
    @kocsan