Thread: Stafon Johnson Suing USC Over '09 Accident

Blog Entries

Post Stafon Johnson Suing USC Over '09 Accident

Former USC and Current Tennessee Titans Running Back Stafon Johnson, who spent his rookie year on IR, is suing his Alma Mater and a strength and conditioning coach for the weight room accident that happened in 2009. Johnson had surgery on his throat and made an incredible recovery and the rising running back had to regain his normal voice after beginning to talk again with a deeper, husky voice.

The timing was my first concern as it happened nearly a year and a half ago and he is on IR with the Titans. Also, I feel that it appears the story is changing from the first time around. It appeared to have just slipped out of Stafon's hands and now the coach is cited as the reason for the slip. Nonetheless, USC is seeing some bad days from its Alumni and namely from the Carroll era.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

It's not the coach's fault for Stafon not holding onto the bar. He could have at least asked for a spotter. I feel bad for him, but there's no point in this.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Blog Entries
    Good Point Doc. I expect for him to be able to play football but we'll see if there's any suitors for him considering bein' injured in a PreSea game in his rookie year.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Johnson's camp is alleging that the S&C coach bumped the bar or the rack causing the accident. This kind of business does not hold much water with me. This happened in 2009. It's 2011. Unless some surveillance video evidence or something like that can be produced, he has no legit reason for bringing suit. Kind of a punk move.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.