Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Washed up RB's?

Who Knows?! LJ has the least amount of carries, and hopefully a huge chip on his shoulder to prove he can still run, Willie is done, CP is old but still mananges to pull out 1000 yrd seasons when he's not banged up, maybe combined they'll all make one solid running back that can put out over 800yds this year! All depends on the O line.

I think this three headed Monster can work to the redskins favor. Have LP CP and Fast willie give the redskins 3 backs that are capable of rushing for 100 yds at anytime. Also the redskins are not depending on 1 back. Everyone benefits from this and there career could be lengthen. Look at all of the good teams in the league all have a two back system and the redskins have the potential to have a three back system.

I like the moves that Bruce and Shanny have made and I think having these three guys will reall help this football team cause all three bring something different to the table

Hail!!!

Portis was part of the trade that sent Champ Bailey to Denver. I wonder if Shanahan disliked Portis or if he just figured, "Screw it, I can make anyone a 1000+ yard rusher. But Pro Bowl corners are a commodity."

Shanahan's success platooning was the impetus for the platooning of RB's in the NFL. I think none of these guys racks up 1000+ yards and the 'Skins will still have one of the best running attacks the league.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Dave Lapham seems pretty high on LJ for the upcoming year
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Anybody know the player taken immediately after Laron Landry in the NFL draft? A guy I like to call Adrian Peterson. But since the skins had recently traded for Portis, they didn't take Peterson.
    If the skins hadn't traded away Bailey, there could be a tandem on Champ Bailey and Adrian Peterson instead of Laron Landry and Clinton Portis.
    Oh wait could have been...

Blog Entries
    What makes this really strange is that none of these guys is a real third down back. I could see hanging on to an older guy because he was savvy in picking up the blitz, but here you have a new system (I assume there is at least a change in terminology with Shanny) and three old No. 1 backs. I can't figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by InNOutBurgler View Post
    I think LT has like a good game or two in him catching passes out of the backfield or something but that's about it...he's really disappointed me, with his silly Jets tattoo and everything....
    I cant believe he would get a JETS tattoo he's a grown man!! SMH...
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

Quote Originally Posted by gkicker2 View Post
    Anybody know the player taken immediately after Laron Landry in the NFL draft? A guy I like to call Adrian Peterson. But since the skins had recently traded for Portis, they didn't take Peterson.
    If the skins hadn't traded away Bailey, there could be a tandem on Champ Bailey and Adrian Peterson instead of Laron Landry and Clinton Portis.
    Oh wait could have been...
    The thing is thats not how things work.....at the time that move made the most since no one can look to the future and say hmmmm in 5 years Portis will be a bum and Landry won't be as good as we thought......this is just part of the game and how it works
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

But if any one can can get these guys back on track it will be mike Shanahan can......this guy has taken guys like, Olanis Gary???? Mike Bell??? Terrell Davis(6th round draft pick) he even found Marine and put him at running back Mike Anderson!!I'm jus sayin....the Backs they have now may be old or past there prime but they still have more talent than any of these guys

I find it interesting that LT was brought in as a third down back in New York when he lost that role in San Diego for the past two years to Sproles. His pass catching abilities are diminished and he is not the blocker he used to be. I am not so sure his role will pan out with the Jets, though he does have the advantage of working behind the best run blocking line in football. Perhaps that will give him a boost over the increasingly pass-first nature of the Norv Turner Chargers.