Thread: Brandon Jacobs and Plaxico Burress

Blog Entries

Brandon Jacobs and Plaxico Burress

So I just watched the new Inside the NFL, and I was pleased and surprised to see our own Josina Anderson do a report on Plaxico and how his family has coped with his imprisonment. His wife seems to have stayed quiet strong through the duration of this experience, and I thought Josina did a good job of bringing that out into the story. The fact that she didn't run when the incident went down says tons about her character. Good women do exist (I married one).

What really made this story for me was how much Brandon Jacobs has done for Plax's kids. What a dude. I have always had a spot in my heart for a big bruising running back, and I hated that he lost his temper earlier this year in Indy. He has always seemed to have a pretty big heart, but he got caught up emotionally a bit. The word "teammate" does not do justice for what Brandon is doing for those kids. That piece made the show Josina, good work.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

+1,saw it as well.Cris was wise to bring her into our camp.Great work Josina
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Yep Fess. The part with Brandon Jacobs was fantastic. There was a lot of pollen in the air at the Clem house during that segment.

From now on I will love Jacobs no matter how many of my fantasy teams he wrecks.

Blog Entries
    HA! Couldn't be more true. I really started to like him when I read a short interview in Sports Illustrated a few years ago. But concerning the piece, yeah, it was tearjearker-ish. Fortunately though, those kids seem like they are getting a strong male figure in their life. When my father died when I was young, his best friend was a big father figure to me, and helped make me the man I am today. Uncle Brandon is doing a service much more than what "teammates" do, he is doing a service worthy of a role model.

For those of you that have not seen the clip on "Inside The NFL", since Plaxico Burress has been in prison, our own Josina Anderson interviewed his wife to see how she has been coping with the situation. She also highlighted how Brandon Jacobs (Plaxico's old teammate on the Giants), at the request of Plax, has been spending time with his kids, and in specific his son, while Plax is finishing up his time. Josina did a wonderful job, and I recommend seeing it. Just have a tissue handy...
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

5. thank you love...just read..sorry I been busy