Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sick of Tim Tebow

Sick of Tim Tebow

Let me start this off by saying I am not a Tim Tebow hater. I have a lot of respect for the way he carries himself and all of his tremendous accomplishments in college. Also, I am rooting for the guy because it would be a great story. However, I am already starting to get sick of all the Tim Tebow hype.

TIm Tebow mania has already started and the guy was considered by many to have been lucky to have been a first round pick. In addition, he hasn't even played an NFL game yet!!! However, unsurprisingly the American public have already bought in, literally. Last week, I heard that Tebow is leading the NFL in jersey sales!!! Shouldn't it be somebody like Chris Johnson or Drew Brees? Man I can't wait to see what it will be like when he actually wins a game.......
    Last edited by hassan812; 07-08-2010 at 08:51 PM.

I know Tebow was a great leader in college and he won two championships, but I really, truly have no idea why he's such a big deal. People are obsessed with him.

Blog Entries
    For those that own TT jerseys, may I say that you are homers:

http://images.free-extras.com/pics/h...mpson-1095.jpg

So to sum this up, yes hassan, you have nailed it.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by FessJL0861 View Post
    For those that own TT jerseys, may I say that you are homers:

http://images.free-extras.com/pics/h...mpson-1095.jpg

So to sum this up, yes hassan, you have nailed it.
    Thanks, I'm just happy that I'm not alone w/ my opinion regarding Tebow.

Blog Entries
    It's the Great White Hope thing. I think a lot of people are hoping Tebow will overcome the odds and reaffirm something for them. Personally, I'm a cynic, I think the bible verses under the eyes is a marketing thing. Even if he fails at football, he'll make a tax free fortune in the religion business.

Blog Entries
    No, your not a cynic, just a realist with common sense. You must leave here!!
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Hey Fess........great Mark Twain. My favorite...."There are three kinds of liars. Liars, damn liars, and staticians." (paraphrase) Guess he was one of the original football gurus.

I respect Tebow for what he has done in college, though I was never a fan, as my Roll Tide seem to met them each year for the SEC Championship. I have to admit, I want to hope he will do well, but at the moment it will have to wait to be seen. If he can overcome the college to pro switch, he could be a heck of a player. But only time will tell, I'll wait to jump on the bandwagon.
    “Nothing is more effective than sincere, accurate praise, and nothing is more lame than a cookie-cutter compliment.” - Bill Walsh

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestree View Post
    Hey Fess........great Mark Twain. My favorite...."There are three kinds of liars. Liars, damn liars, and staticians." (paraphrase) Guess he was one of the original football gurus.
    Dude I almost went with that one. That was the title of a statistics book I had to read in college, and I didn't know it was Twain until I was searching for quotes the other day.

Blog Entries
    To be perfectly honest, I don't think any of us want to see him fail. It's human nature to want to see someone do good. Of course I admit I have a serious case of schadenfraude with Tony Romo, nonetheless, as much as I may dislike the Gators or the Tide (to be fair), I certainly don't wish for anyone to be a bust. Perfect example: Jamarcus Russell turned an easter egg hunt into a ****-****-athon in Oakland, but I hope the guy catches on somewhere, learns the system, stays out of trouble (and the drive-thru) and succeeds. As far as opinion is concerned, the kid has overrated, overpaid benchwarmer written all over his contract. I do however hope I am wrong.
    Last edited by Andy Freeland; 07-22-2010 at 12:10 AM. Reason: he knows what he did