Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sick of Tim Tebow

It's funny, there's always those certain players you hate on the team you hate but you'd love to have them on your own. I think Tebow has finally capitalized as the exception to the rule - I would hate seeing that guy in green and white. Hate.

What I would love, however, is a picture of DeSean and Vick's faces when Tebow asked them to join him in bowing for prayer. "Is this ****** serious?"
    [I]"Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do, but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're not talking about the game, we're talking about practice."[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by bluestree View Post
    Hey Fess........great Mark Twain. My favorite...."There are three kinds of liars. Liars, damn liars, and staticians." (paraphrase) Guess he was one of the original football gurus.
    Hey come on now! We statisticians never lie! People just interpret our numbers wrongly
    [I]"To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, and to be late is to be forgotten."[/I]

If you can get past the religious stuff, he strikes me as a guy you would want on your team. He has proven to be willing to put in the work to succeed and that counts in sports - a lot. I'm as sick of the hype as anyone, but that is not his fault.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattrick View Post
    I've never been a Tebow supporter. I don't have a problem with everyone praising him and getting behind him though. There are way too many examples of how a fan base won't support a polarizing member of their team. I'm glad that he's getting all that support from Broncos fans. I'm even more glad that he's not a member of the 49ers though.
    I have no idea what goes on in Denver, so I may be off base, but if you're talking about the jersey sales, do you think those could be being purchased by church groups or other folks that support him more on religious grounds than the playing grounds?

Why should he be banged on because he's religous? Roger Staubach was religous, any problems with him? I'm no churchgoer but it seems pretty petty if thats the only problem you have with him. You want to get on him because of his wonked out delivery or whatever sure. If theres a problem with him make it something real.
    Buckle Dem Chinstraps Primadonnas!

The religious stuff does not matter to me...actually It's impressive for a young kid to express his beliefs. Agree w/ them or not at least the kid is not afraid to hide who he really is
    "Ability is a poor man's wealth."

Honestly I think it will be at least 3 years before he's anything and he might not be anything more than a backup. The Broncos reached big on him. I've had him on the radar since he was in High School. and watched a ton of his games at UF. He's everything you could want in a QB except actually throwing the darn ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinindian View Post
    Why should he be banged on because he's religous? Roger Staubach was religous, any problems with him? I'm no churchgoer but it seems pretty petty if thats the only problem you have with him. You want to get on him because of his wonked out delivery or whatever sure. If theres a problem with him make it something real.
    Can't speak for everyone else, but my issue is not with Tebow. It's with the folks who refuse to stop yacking about Tebow. We get it - he's a great leader & a solid citizen who goes above & beyond to help others. So noted. Stop talking about the kid & let him play ball. I hope he does succeed so that all the yack will stop and the media will start talking more about Tebow the player. I'm also interested to see how ESPN & others treat him if he stinks it up. Bet they just kill him & capitalize on all the anti-Tebow sentiment out there. Buttholes.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Can't speak for everyone else, but my issue is not with Tebow. It's with the folks who refuse to stop yacking about Tebow. We get it - he's a great leader & a solid citizen who goes above & beyond to help others. So noted. Stop talking about the kid & let him play ball. I hope he does succeed so that all the yack will stop and the media will start talking more about Tebow the player. I'm also interested to see how ESPN & others treat him if he stinks it up. Bet they just kill him & capitalize on all the anti-Tebow sentiment out there. Buttholes.
    Probably right about that. In my opinion, and take that for what it's worth, he shouldn't be anywhere near a field this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    That is a great point. Tebow never asked 4 any of this. It is the creation of the media influential world we live in
    "Ability is a poor man's wealth."