Thread: Early draft wishlist

Early draft wishlist

Jimmy Smith CB Colorado. scouting reports I've read to this point suggest a player with tackling ability and a physical presence at the corner position. Doesn't get the hype that Prince from Nebraska and Peterson from LSU get as the top rated corners in various mocks to this point but signs on Smith point to versality, speed and physicality....a good fit in LeBeau's 3-4 scheme.

Mike Pouncey C/G Florida. How awesome would it be for the other Pouncey brother to fall into the steelers lap at the end of the first round? The pouncey boys playing side by side would be a lot of fun to watch. After Maurkice's success in his rookie year, unfortunately I can't see Mike slipping all the way to 31 but you never know.

What players are on your steelers draft wishlist? A DT to be groomed for replacing Hampton in the next couple years? an offensive tackle? A corner other than Jimmy Smith?
    Just call me Ott.

Blog Entries
    Jimmy Smith will probably be off the board by 31, but the Steelers would be in position to draft another CB like Brandon Harris (Miami) or Aaron Williams (Texas). Also a possibility to draft an OT such as Derek Sherrod (Mississippi State).
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01