10 Bye
    11 Nov 21 GB @ MIN Mall of America Field 1:00 PM FOX

12 Nov 28 GB @ ATL Georgia Dome 1:00 PM FOX

13 Dec 05 SF @ GB Lambeau Field 1:00 PM FOX

14 Dec 12 GB @ DET Ford Field 1:00 PM FOX

15 Dec 19 GB @ NE Gillette Stadium 8:20 PM NBC

16 Dec 26 NYG @ GB Lambeau Field 4:15 PM FOX

17 Jan 02 CHI @ GB Lambeau Field 1:00 PM FOX

Due to flexible scheduling, the kickoff time of games in the latter part of the season are subject to change

It's always dangerous to make judgments on the schedule before the season starts, but it's a very challenging schedule on paper. Most of the teams on the schedule have realistic playoff aspirations.

Week 1 - Green Bay at Philadelphia:
    The Packers kick off the season against Kevin Kolb in his first start as the leader of the Philadelphia Eagles, and this game is a real toss-up. The Eagles are a playoff team from 2010 and still have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. This point spread on this game will be less than 3 points either way. Hopefully the Packers can start off on the right foot and get a tough road win, but I would not be stunned if they lost.

Week 2 - Buffalo at Green Bay:
    Given how tough the schedule looks on paper, this is a game the Packers cannot afford to drop. The Bills are a dangerous team because of how well they typically play on special teams, and they have a home run threat now in CJ Spiller, but the Packers should be able to outscore the Bills pretty easily. The Packers did blow a "gimme" game last year against the woeful Bucs with turnovers and special teams errors, so Buffalo has a punchers' chance in this one.

Week 3 - Green Bay at Chicago (Monday Night Football): The Packers swept the Bears last year but didn't look great in either game, and probably would have lost the season opener if not for an ill-advised fake punt audible by the long snapper. Julius Peppers gets his first crack at the Packers' questionable offensive line and will be looking to put on a show in prime time, and Jay Cutler will be seeking redemption for his awful performance in last season's Sunday night opener.

Week 4- Detroit at Green Bay:
    Simply put, there's no excuse for losing this game. The Packers have consistently thumped the Lions at home and will be a popular "Survivor Pool" choice in Week 4.

Week 5 - Green Bay at Washington:
    Another difficult matchup to predict. If the Redskins were visiting Lambeau, the Packers would be a fairly comfortable favorite but playing in Washington will not be a picnic. Again, this is a very winnable road game for the Packers, but with Donovan McNabb behind center and Mike Shanahan on the sidelines, the Skins will not be a pushover.

Week 6 - Miami at Green Bay: Unfortunately for Packer fans, this game is taking place in October instead of December. The Dolphins have a terrific running game and their passing game can only improve with the addition of Brandon Marshall. The Packers will be favored to win this game, but it will not be easy.

When the schedule first came out, many people felt the Packers would be 6-0 or at worst 5-1 by this point. I'm not sure I buy that - there are some pretty tough games in here and I think 4-2 is more realistic.

Week 7 - Minnesota at Green Bay (Sunday Night Football): This is probably the key game in the Packers' season - last year, they were swept by the Vikings and this year they have to at very least defend home field and send Brett Favre out of Lambeau Field a loser.

Week 8 - Green Bay at NY Jets: The Packers spend Halloween in the new Meadowlands Stadium, and it will be a real contrast in styles - the Packers' high flying offense against the Jets' smashmouth running game and defense. Can the Jets shut down the Packer offense? Can Mark Sanchez put up enough points to keep up with Aaron Rodgers?

Week 9 - Dallas at Green Bay (Sunday Night Football): The Cowboys come to town for the third straight year, and this time it's on the big NBC stage. Last year, the Packers' defense completely shut down Tony Romo and won a real ugly game. Can the Packers keep the talented Dallas offense down for two years in a row?

BYE - The three weeks heading into the bye may be the most important stretch of the season for the Packers, with two big home games plus a very tough road test. The Packers have to go at least 2-1 in those games - but I think they have the potential to sweep all three, which will put them in the drivers' seat in the NFC.

Week 11 - Green Bay at Minnesota. If all goes well, the Packers will be sitting around 6-3 heading into the Metrodome, hopefully with a win over the Vikings already under their belt. The Packers will have an extra bye week to prepare for the game, so they have a real good chance to come in healthy. A win here would be a nice bonus, but it's hard to count on winning a game in the Dome.

Week 12 - Green Bay at Atlanta. This is another potentially important game for playoff positioning, as Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, and the Falcons will be in a dogfight in the NFC South with the Saints. I have the Falcons as my dark horse pick to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, so it goes without saying that this will not be an easy game.

Week 13 - San Francisco at Green Bay. This could be a real crossroads game for the Packers' season - if things go really well, the Packers will probably be heading into this game at 7-4 but more likely will be 6-5, making this a must-win game. Last year, the Niners played at Lambeau and got blown out early only to make things real interesting at the end. The Niners are consensus NFC West favorites, so this is another tough game, but I think the Packers should be able to put a W on the scoreboard.

Week 14 - Green Bay at Detroit. I have said before on these boards that Detroit has the chance to be a real spoiler in the division race. The Packers will have to be on red alert to make sure their season isn't the one that gets spoiled.

I've got the Packers' likely record heading into the home stretch at 8-5.

Week 15 - Green Bay at New England (Sunday Night Football): Last season, elite quarterbacks shredded the Packers' defense, and now Tom Brady gets his chance and he'll have his full complement of weapons this late in the season. This will be a real test for the Packer football team, and I'm not expecting a victory, but hoping for a good showing.

Week 16 - New York Giants at Green Bay: With this game taking place in late December, the conditions at least have a chance to be reminiscient of the 2007-08 NFC Championship Game at Lambeau Field. Hopefully, this one works out better for the good guys.

Week 17 - Chicago at Green Bay: Thanks to the NFL's new "divisional games only" policy in Week 17, the Packers close out the season with the Bears while the Vikings close out the season with the Lions. This could be a game that has everything on the line or is completely meaningless. I'll pick the Packers to get the W at home to close out the regular season.

So, for what it's worth (which, admittedly, is nothing), I have the Packers ending the season at 10-6, which hopefully will put them in position for a playoff berth.

Home Schedule:
    The home schedule features two "gimmes" (Buffalo and Detroit), two games against last year's playoff teams (Dallas and Minnesota), and then a big middle group (Chicago, San Francisco, Miami, New York Giants). The Packers went 6-2 at home last year and will need a repeat performance this year to compete.

Road Schedule:
    The road schedule is really nasty - it could be that the two easiest road games on the schedule will be played within the division (Bears and Lions). The rest of the schedule is either playoff teams from a year ago (Vikings, Jets, Patriots, Eagles) or teams projected by many to make the playoffs this season (Redskins, Falcons). The Packers will have to scratch and claw to go .500 on the road this season.

Blog Entries
    Definitely tougher than last year, but this is lust what the team needs. To take the next step, they need to beat playoff teams and dominate "up and coming" teams. A season with a lot of quality wins. That would prove this team is a long term contender. 12-4, division champ, playoff bye.

Blog Entries
    If they can win the key games, this is a confidence building schedule. We will know the mettle of this team early and often.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Wow that is quite the schedule IMO i see the packers going 11-5- splitting with the Bears and Vikings; losing at New England, Washington, and the Jets-
    [B][I]"You tried your best, and you failed miserably. The lesson is never try."- Homer Simpson[/I][/B]

Blog Entries
    The potential is there for either 12-4 or 8-8. It could SO go either way.
    Last edited by FessJL0861; 01-01-2011 at 11:05 PM.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

well I may be in minority but I really like Grant,hes steady as she goes.And Rogers is just a beast! def a top5 qb
    Last edited by Colts01; 07-23-2010 at 03:04 AM.
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Blog Entries
    Yeah I do like the stability Grant brings to the table. As far as Rodgers, I can remember having that nervous/butterfly feeling in my stomach when he kept falling and falling down the board that fateful draft night. I hoped and hoped we would grab him, but beyond my wildest dreams I never saw this. I couldn't be happier. If he can get a few clutch wins under his belt early, he may make even more strides this year. His ceiling scary-good.

Quote Originally Posted by GBPKS View Post
    Week 14 - Green Bay at Detroit. I have said before on these boards that Detroit has the chance to be a real spoiler in the division race. The Packers will have to be on red alert to make sure their season isn't the one that gets spoiled.

I've got the Packers' likely record heading into the home stretch at 8-5.

Week 15 - Green Bay at New England (Sunday Night Football): Last season, elite quarterbacks shredded the Packers' defense, and now Tom Brady gets his chance and he'll have his full complement of weapons this late in the season. This will be a real test for the Packer football team, and I'm not expecting a victory, but hoping for a good showing.

Week 16 - New York Giants at Green Bay: With this game taking place in late December, the conditions at least have a chance to be reminiscient of the 2007-08 NFC Championship Game at Lambeau Field. Hopefully, this one works out better for the good guys.

Week 17 - Chicago at Green Bay: Thanks to the NFL's new "divisional games only" policy in Week 17, the Packers close out the season with the Bears while the Vikings close out the season with the Lions. This could be a game that has everything on the line or is completely meaningless. I'll pick the Packers to get the W at home to close out the regular season.

So, for what it's worth (which, admittedly, is nothing), I have the Packers ending the season at 10-6, which hopefully will put them in position for a playoff berth.
    Man, I hate being right - the Packers are in line to finish about exactly how I expected them to finish this season. Only problem is that 10-6 might not be good enough based on their tiebreaker situation. If they end up tied at 10-6 with Philly or the Giants (assuming they beat the Giants), they will win that tiebreaker, but the Bucs hanging around at 8-5 with that gift victory over the Redskins yesterday could become a big problem (since the Pack lost to the Redskins and record vs common opponents will come into play, especially if the Bucs beat Detroit next week.)