Page 1 of 109 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Night

Movie Night

So I just watched "Inception" with my wife. Holy crap. I was expecting some silly Hollywood special effects extravaganza and got a decent movie.

It was like Timothy Leary and Sigmund Freud dissected the Matrix together. Decent plot, great special effects and an entertaining storyline. The acting wasn't bad either.

What should I watch next?

Blog Entries
    Now, go get La Vie en Rose and watch it with English subtitles. Then get an Edith Piaf CD with Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien, La Vie en Rose and Les Trois Cloches and enjoy the experience further!

Blog Entries
    Showgirls. Strong acting performances there.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Quote Originally Posted by Swami View Post
    Now, go get La Vie en Rose and watch it with English subtitles. Then get an Edith Piaf CD with Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien, La Vie en Rose and Les Trois Cloches and enjoy the experience further!
    You're either a hopeless romantic, or are just plain hopeless!

"The Town" is pretty good - a bit overwrought in places, but a fine crime drama.

Depends on your mood. If you'd like a Quebecois movie with a Waking Ned Devine feel, try Seducing Dr. Lewis.

saw the social network the other day, pretty good flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Swami View Post
    The heck...? When did I ever give the impression that I'm sophisticated enough to enjoy a foreign film? "Being John Malkovich" is about as close to Sundance as I get.

I was actually surprised by how much I liked Inception. I had fairly low expectations, which always helps. And it had Ellen Paige, which helps too. It was a little silly, but they did a good job of creating the rules to their alternate reality and sticking to them.

Looking through the list of movies I've watched recently. Winter's Bone is good. The Town is pretty good. The Social Network is Ok. Despicable Me is dumb. The Runaways was disappointing. Let Me In was very disappointing, but I had very high expectations since the original (Let the right one in) was great. When in doubt, just watch Zombieland again, best movie of the last 3-4 years.

Saw VII is now out on DVD.

Blog Entries
    Bill Murray's cameo in Zombieland never stops being funny. Cardio. Have not seen Winter's Bone. The Town was one of those that exceeded my low expectations since it was directed by Affleck. Turned out pretty good. Old formula done pretty well.

Social Network was inaccurate and over-rated. Agree on Despicable Me. Loved Inception.

If you are willing to take movies as they are in that they are basically "B" movies, "Machete" and "The Expendables" are entertaining. I recommend watching "The Expendables" half-drunk with a bunch of other guys so you can talk about all the movies the action stars used to make. Led to a 45 minute conversation about who was the action star of the 80s.... Willis, Stallone or Arnold.

I have heard 127 hours is really good, but have not had a chance yet.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast