Thread: Ronde Barber re-signs for 1 more year with the Bucs

Ronde Barber re-signs for 1 more year with the Bucs

Praise be!! The team announced today that Ronde will be back for another year. That's the best news I've heard all day! He's a fantastic player and role model for all the young guys on the team. There's nothing better than watching Ronde get an interception and run it in for the TD.

Tiki played 10 years, next year will be Ronde's 15th. Wonder if Ronde wants to double up on Tiki.

Wonder if Ronde wants to double up on Tiki.
    That would be fine with me! Ronde has already stated that he will eventually retire as a Buc. Hopefully he will continue to play for them for many more years to come.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/c...is-15th-season

"That's sort of the purpose of this one-year deal," he said. "The deicision is not, at the end of the day, 'Do they want to let go of me or do I want to let go of them?' It'll be a mutually beneficial decision each year. That's kind of how it was this year and how it'll be next year. You have to take some pride in that, some blessings on my side where I've been able to maintain myself throughout these 14 years. I always give myself credit for that."

A writer brought up a good point with Ronde if he foresaw him being part of a Brett Favre like situation with Tampa Bay..I'm glad Ronde is going to be with the Bucs another year but I'm hoping this doesn't start to create a series of 1 year deals for the next 2-3 years that could cause hiccups later, they evaluted play of Biggers towards the End of last year is really going to determine that going forward. The Bucs had 4 major Faces on that SuperBowl winning team, Sapp,Lynch,Brooks,Ronde.. and so far 3-4 left under less then "ideal" terms.. let's hoping the Bucs don't go 4/4.. the fan base still hasn't forgiven the first 3.
    FPL: 15 comments can save you 15 minutes or more of embarrassing yourself on a bar discussion