Thread: Saints productivity predictions

New Orleans/St. Bernard/Da lower 9th ward, LA

Saints productivity predictions

Drew Brees throws more than 30 TD passes?

Who leads the team in Receptions and touchdowns?

Who gets more rushing yards? Reggie or Thomas?

And will Reggie get back into his 1000 all purpose yards numbers?

I think Thomas gets both the bottom two...More rushing yards and more all purpose yards (again).

Anyone else got any other suggestions? Just trying to feel how everyone thinks our players will perform after the super bowl victory. I'm afraid Bush might drop off but I think I'm just always iffy about him. Pierre stays solid. I think Meachem continues to shine.
    [B]St. Bernard born and raised! BLACK AND GOLD TO THE SUPER BOWL! WHO DAT![/B]

Bush will still cover punt returns and play some third down duties depending on the situation and the matchup, but I don't think you can expect him to be a solid contributor ever. He just hasn't developed into a reliable back in the NFL. Part of his ability to rack up yards has been that he's continually been given chances with the ball, not because he has maximized all his opportunities. If you take away his special teams contributions, his yardage totals would be much different.

I love Pierre Thomas, though, and he is going to be a workhorse now with Mike Bell out of the way. The guy hung 140 yards last year with three broken ribs, playing in a flak jacket. He's a beast.

I think you can expect relatively the exact same thing out of Brees you've gotten the past two years: surgical accuracy, distributing the ball around the field, and plenty of touchdowns through the air. What can I say about him? The guy is solid as a rock.

Blog Entries
    Question from Chicago:
    What does it feel like to head into a season with a stud quarterback with very few questions looming?
    Just curious
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMilk View Post
    Question from Chicago:
    What does it feel like to head into a season with a stud quarterback with very few questions looming?
    Just curious
    Well it has been feeling pretty good the past couple of years. But we went through some hell to get here. I don't feel like yall should be too worried about Cutler. The guy has a cannon. His attitude seems pretty terrible but if yall can establish a run. He'll start flinging the ball in all different kinds of directions. Hopefully injuries won't slam your D side of the ball either.

I think Cutler will be fine this year.

Blog Entries
    I think the Saints are a dominant offense once again. Reggie will be Reggie, I don't see too much changing in his contribution. Pierre Thomas is a stud, they need to Pay The Man! Let's face it, the Saints have Drew Brees. I can't think of a better team leader in the NFL. Another year under Greg Williams won't hurt the D. As far as the Super Bowl hangover, you just have to wait and see, but I like the Saints chances to repeat as much as I've liked anybodies for years. They didn't just get hot at the right time like some teams ('07 Giants). They knocked and knocked and last year they kicked the door in. And they're not likely to be hurt by the loss of a player or two, because of their system and Brees' talent.

Couldn't agree more. Like you said the biggest concern is that super bowl slump. Hopefully we can find that motivation to continue to win and work on that "dynasty" talk. I know that takes about 5-10 years so I'm getting way ahead of myself but I hope that is the attitude we have. Yes, we won, now let's keep doing this like it is normal.

Yea, the offense will keep going strong. I look for the running game to stay a big factor, which was a huge help last year. The passing game isn't going anywhere if Sean Payton and Drew Brees are together. They could be have me and you as receivers and still have huge games through the air.

My biggest interest this season will be whether Sharper continues to play at a high level. I also want to see whether they try to rotate him with Malcolm Jenkins.

it's going to be a slow transition, I think. The malcolm Jenkins move that is. This will be more off the field (at practice) and studying (film sessions together). I think they'll have him in the ready in case sharper falls short. He is playing with that bum knee now.