Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Asomugha?

Asomugha?

Is Tuck going to work his salesman magic and bring him over here? And secondly, do you think he'll even be worth the megabucks he'll command?

Blog Entries
    I don't know that Asomugha will head to the Giants, but in regards to whether or not he'll be worth the money, the answer is abso-freakin'-lutely. QBs DO NOT throw at him. If you have Asomugha, you're shutting down a receiver for the entire game.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

That would be a huge signing for the Giants. I've only seen him play a couple of times but it's like watching Deion or Rod Woodson in their primes - he never sees any action during the game.

Well, y'all are telling me what I wanna hear, but I guess the other Jints fans around here don't care. LOL

Blog Entries
    Some insane Asomugha stats from 2010: 31 Targets - 61% success rate - 5.9 Yds/Pass

31 targets!! He was thrown at less than twice a game! His yards per pass stat also ranks in the top 15 of last year, and his success rate continues to impress. For clarity, success rate is defined by Football Outsiders as the percentage of passes that don't manage to get at least 45 percent of needed yards on first down, 60 percent of needed yards on second down, or 100 percent of needed yards on third down.

Blog Entries
    if the correct answer is no CB/S is worth that money, then no...but if he is going to get paid regardless, yeah, he's legit
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

He will be paid, but I don't think CBs are worth that money. Yeah, you're taking away one guy but you make it 10 on 10 instead of 11 on 11. I feel a very disruptive pass rusher or a versatile LB is more valuable. If you have a great pass rusher, you can take up 2 or 3 blockers and often take an offensive weapon out because the team needs to keep an extra person in to block. They can make the game 10 on 9 or 10 on 8. Thats more valuable in my opinion than a shutdown corner. That being said, Asomugha may be worth it for the Giants. They have insane depth on the DL and already have the pass rush down with Tuck, Osi, Canty, Kiwanuka, ect. The problem with the Giants defense last year was more in the secondary and the LBs. asomugah would be HUGE for the Giants. He would be a great fit.

Blog Entries
    I'd give Asoumgha $100M over Albert Haynesworth every single time. Talent deserves to get paid, and Asomugha has more than everyone except maybe a couple players in the NFL.

Blog Entries
    Kaba, Dan Snyder just scratched his head, then handed over another blank check
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    I'd give Asoumgha $100M over Albert Haynesworth every single time. Talent deserves to get paid, and Asomugha has more than everyone except maybe a couple players in the NFL.
    Absolutely, Hanesworth is a freaking bum.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010