Thread: Let's Not Forget.....

Blog Entries

Post Let's Not Forget.....

What about the broadcasters if there's no football coverage? What will folks like Pam Oliver and Jim Nantz do if there's no NFL games to broadcast? I assume they got plenty of lunch money but not everyone has an eight month emergency fund like Suze Orman says is necessary. Also, what about the NFL Network folks!?!?! Would the League start laying them off? This could get unfortunately fascinating.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

It sounds like you believe CC will float regardless. You must have missed our contingency plans. Spartacus and I have decided to contribute a quarter for every drink consumed during the protracted **** up in order for CC to pay his mortgage and kid's tuition. Andy's exempted. Dude needs to start pulling his own weight around here.

Seriously though, lots of folks gonna be impacted by this mess. /extreme sadness/
    “Everybody counts or nobody does.” – Detective Harry Bosch

I'm sure Jim Nance and Pam Oliver will be fine. Cris has brawney's drink fund (25 cents for each alcoholic drink by brawney = $825,437.50/year). I, of course, have been secretly living in Cris' attic for years (don't tell Cris). From what I hear Phil Simms mows lawns in the off-season, so he should be fine.

There are a lot of people to be concerned about in the event of a prolonged work stoppage, but I'm pretty sure that no one you've ever actually heard of is in any trouble, including me (Cris' attic is roomy and the possums are surprisingly friendly - I call the big one bitey).

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    I'm sure Jim Nance and Pam Oliver will be fine. Cris has brawney's drink fund (25 cents for each alcoholic drink by brawney = $825,437.50/year).
    Hey, half that bill belongs to Sparta.

You're on your own with the possum. And I'm not emailing any more dinners your way.

Agreed about the 'big' peoples. They'll be OK, but maybe not happy. The little guy is gonna be hurting - the parking lot attendant, hot dog and t-shirt vendors, wait staff, cameramen, etc. Are Kevin Mawae and Jerrah thinking about them? I'm sure I have no idea the depth these tentacles reach.
    “Everybody counts or nobody does.” – Detective Harry Bosch

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    I'm sure Jim Nance and Pam Oliver will be fine. Cris has brawney's drink fund (25 cents for each alcoholic drink by brawney = $825,437.50/year). I, of course, have been secretly living in Cris' attic for years (don't tell Cris). From what I hear Phil Simms mows lawns in the off-season, so he should be fine.

There are a lot of people to be concerned about in the event of a prolonged work stoppage, but I'm pretty sure that no one you've ever actually heard of is in any trouble, including me (Cris' attic is roomy and the possums are surprisingly friendly - I call the big one bitey).
    HaHa! Too Hilarious. I hope all will be fine. Sometimes situations like these bring out if someone is really able to afford their life or if its on credit and such. Some players on Twitter have made it known. Hope all ends well.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

I'm gonna split my half with Clem, who drinks far more than I do for far more sobering reasons.. Like Alex Smith starting for the 2011 49'ers.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartaChris View Post
    I'm gonna split my half with Clem, who drinks far more than I do for far more sobering reasons.. Like Alex Smith starting for the 2011 49'ers.
    I can just hear Clem already grabbing for the bottle after reading that line lol
    FPL: 15 comments can save you 15 minutes or more of embarrassing yourself on a bar discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderM View Post
    I can just hear Clem already grabbing for the bottle after reading that line lol
    Hey now, I'm stronger than that. I have faith in coach Harbaugh and Alex Smith. I'll wait until Smith's first boneheaded play before grabbing the bottle. Say, 3 minutes into the first game of the season.

Dan Deirdorf could make a few bucks calling MLS games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    Dan Deirdorf could make a few bucks calling MLS games.
    Nah, they're looking to increase their audience.