Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl hangover

I just wish we would lose this sometimes conservative way of not caring if we go undefeated,I wanna see caldwell and manning go in total FU mode this year

Blog Entries
    It may only take one nasty regular season loss to get them to that point. They could end up on the:

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    (dark side of the moon)
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Just curious, and I guess I'll try and research later...what was the reason a lot of those losing teams didn't make it back to the playoffs the following year? Was it a roster thing? I know a lot of years, after the championship people retire or leave because of FA...I think the Colts are returning everybody for the most part.
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    So after reading this, in 2011 does ANYONE think we will be saying (barring injury)..."Wow, I'm surprised Manning only threw for 2800 yards"...or "I'm surprised Clark only had 48 receptions." I don't see that happening.

good source article there,as long as manning is still on his game though i have to think at least 11 wins,he is just that good

Blog Entries
    Another thing I found interesting that I just looked up...Colts have 16 games in 2010...7 of those games are against Defenses that ranked in the top half of Passing YPG allowed last season...3 other games are against KC (Home, Ranked 22nd), Philly (Road, Ranked 17th), and Dallas (Home, Ranked 20th). All that just seems like not a big deal and normal stats, I know. The fun part is the remaining 6 games...divisional games...2 against Houston (Ranked 18th), 2 against Jacksonville (27th), and 2 against Tennessee (31st)...so 2 questions...with the curse of the Colts in Houston, is this 6 guaranteed wins off the bat? And also, how does facing Peyton Manning twice a year skew the stats for these passing defenses?

The Colts should be very businesslike in their approach and I expect them to come in and win their usual 12+ games and compete for a spot in teh Super Bowl. Peyton will make sure that there is no hangover.

New Orleans/St. Bernard/Da lower 9th ward, LA
    They'll be fine. But what are the stats of teams who win the super bowl? How will my saints handle it?
    [B]St. Bernard born and raised! BLACK AND GOLD TO THE SUPER BOWL! WHO DAT![/B]