Thread: J.Charles

J.Charles

Will he be the focal point of the running game?how much will TJones cut into his reps?
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

My guess is that Charles will get about 65% of the carries. He is a home run hitter so he should be able to see the end zone. I really think he will play 2 series then Jones will come in for the 3rd.

I will be very interested in how the Chiefs handle their 2 1/2 RB committee (counting McCluster as the half because he's listed as a WR not because of his size). Charles was obviously fantastic at the end of last year. Running for 100+ in each of the last 4 games including 259 in week 17 against the Broncos. The only question about Charles is obviously his size (5-11, 199). Can he handle 25 carries a game for a full season? Thomas Jones had career highs in both yards and carries last year and averaged 4.2/carry, but at 31, soon to be 32, he's on the back end of his career and owes a lot of last year's yards to the Jets' o-line. McCluster is like Charles-lite, 5-8, 170 pounds. Another home run hitter, he's officially listed at WR, but he was a RB in college and will get more than a few carries.

My guess is, like you said, Charles will be the featured back. He'll get most of the yards, but not necessarily most of the carries. Jones will be used as the workhorse, getting a lot of carries early in the game. If they get into the 2nd half with the defense tired and Charles fresh, he could have some big 2nd half runs.

That's the million dollar question that fantasy owners are asking themselves, isn't it?

Jones was very productive last year for the Jets, but Charles was a fantasy godsend in the second half of the season.