Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Franchise MVP 2000-2009

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    Sadly, in Buffalo it may be their only pro-bowler of the decade - Punter Brian Moorman.
    It is - but Schobel got in on merit a couple times. He's close. I give it to Moorman on the strength of durability - the last year and a half really took a total on Aaron Schobel. Plus, he isn't all that good at covering tailbacks twenty yards downfield. Oh wait, why is he doing that at all, much less more than once a game? Sorry, lost it for a moment there.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    It is - but Schobel got in on merit a couple times. He's close. I give it to Moorman on the strength of durability - the last year and a half really took a total on Aaron Schobel. Plus, he isn't all that good at covering tailbacks twenty yards downfield. Oh wait, why is he doing that at all, much less more than once a game? Sorry, lost it for a moment there.
    Don't get me started!

You're right about Schobel - if he wasn't the only good lineman during the decade, he'd have been better known around the league.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMilk View Post
    Wow, over Tiki? Just curious, I don't disagree or anything, just wonderin what the thought process is as a Giant fan
    Not a Giant fan, but for starters Tiki wasn't on the team that won the Super Bowl...

Quote Originally Posted by Turk Schonert View Post
    Upon saying that last statement, why wouldn't Dick LeBeau be MVP ?
    Doesn't the "P" in "MVP" stand for Player?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Polishguy00 View Post
    I am going to try as a fan of football to guess each team's guy. Again, not necessarily MVP, but the face of the franchise. I couple I think of are not players. This is only my perspective, so please, discuss. I am just writing these, so obviously will be missed.

Jags-Brunell
    Texans-Schaub
    Colts-Peyton
    Titans-Eddie George
    I go with Andre Johnson in Houston personally...but I don't live there haha
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMilk View Post
    I go with Andre Johnson in Houston personally...but I don't live there haha
    Agreed. Also Steve Smith for Carolina and Ricky Williams for Miami.
    [I]"Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do, but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're not talking about the game, we're talking about practice."[/I]