Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Article: The best .500 team or below from 2009 will be ...?

1. Article: The best .500 team or below from 2009 will be ...?

Have to think the texans will finally come to party,Agree on the 49ers as well

Blog Entries
    The Texans are in a disadvantage because of their division, but the 49ers have to really screw the pooch not to make the playoffs. Seattle is in a lull. The Rams are the Rams, and Zona is going to miss Warner, but they are contenders for sure (I'm not writing off Fitz and high risk/reward defense). That being said, Singletary is one coach that I fully trust with a young, hungry team with tempered expectations. They are a good pick and Gore is primed for a big year, which takes a bunch of pressure off the QB situation.

49ers this year. The Detroit Lions in 2011.

5. If you want to go big game hunting, it has to be the Redskins. Shanahan, McNabb, and a division with a new QB in Philly and plenty of motivation from Philly's old QB. The Giants have a new defensive coordinator and an unproven running game now. Dallas appears to be the only sure thing in the East. They should be much better than 4-12 and could sneak in the playoffs if Kolb isn't the answer and the Giants are still chasing guys into the end zone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    The Detroit Lions in 2011.
    Is that the sound of a cornbread oven being turned on I hear?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    The Detroit Lions in 2011.
    Honestly, while it may be crazy, I agree with you and will not be surprised to see them finish really strong this year. On Offense, they have all the weapons you could ever asked for in Megatron, Best/Smith(when healthy) and two TE's in Pettigrew and Scheffler that other teams would kill for.All of this with QB that I expect to have a nice leap going into his 2nd year. On Defensive, I don't think another team out there has effectively redid their D-line as they did to contribute immediately and they have a enough talent in their LB that behind a decent D-line that should be productive. Of course their O-line and Secondary are still horrible so they have that working against them and are in a loaded division with Minny,GB, and Chicago but I could honestly see them going 7-9 this year and then one more off-season being in the playoff hunt. Especially since I think Minny's window of opportunity is starting to close.

The Texans were 9-7 last year which would disqualify them from the topic. One thing I would bet on is that this team will come from the NFC. Chicago could make a run to get in the playoffs, but their final stretch is brutal. The games they play against the NFC East might have big tiebreaker implications for playoff seeding.

Sorry Chris, I'll bet you a Chinese lunch the Foreskins are no better than 500. Their running backs should be on social security. Their offensive line is a work in progress. They have no credible wide receivers to speak of. And Shanahan is going to change their whole defense. Even with the NFC east in some flux the Foreskins are still at the bottom of the feeding chain. btw - I like my Kung Pao Chicken spicy!

@ppdoc

Not to be picky or anything but it's "Cris" and in the future could you try and keep comments in the PG? Everyone is doing a great job of respecting everyone else and their favorite team. I know you might REALLY REALLY dislike the Redskins but be respectful, please.

You don't think that Larry Johnson could have a bounce back year? I know he's been worked hard in the past but I really think he might surprise some people. I have no idea why Shanahan is changing the defense, I thought the defense was one of the brightest areas of the team last year. Although I didn't really follow the Redskins that much last year at all.