Thread: The Long Awaited Franchise OVERHAUL

Blog Entries

The Long Awaited Franchise OVERHAUL

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...more=fullstory

For anybody who's played either of the NFL Head Coach games, some of these features will look familiar:

• 75 player preseason rosters
    • Cut days
    • Revamped free agent bidding
    • In-depth Draft scouting
    • Enhanced player progression
    • Return of player roles

They've also made several updates to both CPU team logic and game simulation. I for one could not be more relieved to hear this news, as this has been long overdue. I love playing Madden, but I could never get into the Franchise for that long because it was so bland and barely scratched the surface. Inversely, I loved NFL Head Coach (specifically the most recent one) because of how encompassing it was with the offseason. To quote Bart Scott, can't wait!
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Wow I may actually have to get a 360 and the new Madden after hearing this news. I never got Head Coach because I heard bad things about it and plus I only have a PS2, so I want to get the full effect of the game...(I just bought Madden 09 in January) but this may end my 6 year long boycott of buying a new EA sports game. I sure do miss 2k5 though
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...more=fullstory

For anybody who's played either of the NFL Head Coach games, some of these features will look familiar:

• 75 player preseason rosters
    • Cut days
    • Revamped free agent bidding
    • In-depth Draft scouting
    • Enhanced player progression
    • Return of player roles

They've also made several updates to both CPU team logic and game simulation. I for one could not be more relieved to hear this news, as this has been long overdue. I love playing Madden, but I could never get into the Franchise for that long because it was so bland and barely scratched the surface. Inversely, I loved NFL Head Coach (specifically the most recent one) because of how encompassing it was with the offseason. To quote Bart Scott, can't wait!
    I am having alot of fun with Madden 12 so far. The expanded roster, the preseason player rotations and the cut days are really great. Actually makes playing the preseason worth the time.
    I haven't gotten to the FA bid system yet, have to finish my franchise first, but I am looking forward to it.
    The player progression is solid and the Dynamic Player Performance is sweet. If you get on a hot streak you stay on said streak for 3 games, and likewise with a cold streak.
    The player roles are useful now, it not just cosmetic labels anymore. The roles like Deep Threat add bonus stats to a QB's deep throw strength and something to the WR or DB cant remember.

The biggest addition is the defense actually works. Exploiting the CPU...those days are over. It's actually challenging to pass the ball. Reading the defense and making the right decision is key now.

I having fun playing Madden for the first time since Madden 05.

Just finished my first year franchise...Had 7 second round picks(signed free agents then traded them away for picks...worked like a charm if a little weaselly) only 2 made the team. Scouting is not an easy thing I like it though, the new fa bidding process is kind of rough cause if you bid they set your bid for you you cant negotiate it.