Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Flacco Nervous About Bulger Joining the Ravens?

Is Flacco Nervous About Bulger Joining the Ravens?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...great-guy-but/

Florio has posted some interesting comments by Flacco, in regards to the addition of Bulger. This was a masterstroke by the Ravens, who immediately gain a QB who can effectively lead an offense when he has talent to support him (Bulger had no supporting cast in St. Louis, except for Steven Jackson). The comments suggest to me that Flacco believes that Bulger could replace him as starter if he burgers a couple games, whereas last year's backups were no threat to his starting job. No wonder he got along so 'great' with Smith and Beck-Flacco knew that he would never be pulled out of a game in favor of those guys. He might as well have had guys from the Greyhound bus station as backups.

I think this is a positive for Baltimore-Flacco will be forced to work as hard as possible to be ready to play, with the sure knowledge that an experienced backup (who was once a successful NFL starter) is waiting in the wings if he does not get the job done. As stated by others, Bulger will be insurance against an injury knocking Flacco out of a game-top tier NFL teams must have a viable backup QB to give themselves the best chance to win a Superbowl.

Flacco is improving and will have a great year this season-and the motivation of Bulger looming over his shoulder will motivate higher performance from him.

Blog Entries
    He's young, and so hasn't developed the emotional calluses of a Brady or Manning. I suspect that he and Smith really are friendly. I think he can see a future without Troy. I think he doesn't like the change on personal levels.

Blog Entries
    Bulger had two Top 25 wide receivers while he was in St. Louis in Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt, along with Steven Jackson and Orlando Pace. As soon as Pace and Bruce broke down, Bulger went off the cliff. Flacco really shouldn't be nervous about the acquisition, Bulger is here to be a back-up and teach him the finer points of the position and that's about it. I'm glad he's here to do that, but if Flacco gets injured and Bulger has to step in...I'm not sure he makes me feel more secure than if Troy Smith was in.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

One word answer: No.

Bulger is not there to compete for a starting job. Flacco is the man. Bulger is just a backup and a mentor. Nothing more.

WHAT! Did the Ravens get rid of John Beck! Say it isn't so Cam, say it isn't so! LOL!

Flacco has nothing to be worried about. He is already a successful QB in this league. Great move by the Ravens, you can never have enough quality backups, particularly at QB.
    Buckle Dem Chinstraps Primadonnas!

I thought the same thing when I read the quotes on pft. He shouldn't be worried, but sounds like he is. Flacco is the future in Baltimore, even if he struggles they will stick with him. Now if Brian 'man of 1000 quarterbacks' Billick was still there, that would be a different story.

Brian "man of 1000 quarterbacks" Billick. LOL good one Andy. I think Flacco may be a tad worried at this point, but getting off to a fast start will erase any doubt he has on himself. Unfortunately for Flacco it will be hard to get off to a fast start when he will be facing the Jets defense in week 1.
    Just call me Ott.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    I thought the same thing when I read the quotes on pft. He shouldn't be worried, but sounds like he is. Flacco is the future in Baltimore, even if he struggles they will stick with him. Now if Brian 'man of 1000 quarterbacks' Billick was still there, that would be a different story.
    Maybe they could bring in a trio of aging, below-average QBs that all could have been more successful in a different career trade.

Kyle I-Shoulda-Been-A Boller
    Jake I-Shoulda-Been-A Plummer
    Curtis I-Shoulda-Been-A Painter

THAT would be a squad that strikes fear into opposing defenses and their.....remodeled bathrooms.

9. I need help in Baltimore. Has the "we might get rid of Troy Smith" talk because of Mark Bulger started to divide this locker room? I have heard a few quotes that make me wonder.

Blog Entries
    I'm high on Flacco....I hope Flacco is high on Flacco. My opinion- - -he has nothing to worry about.
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions