Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is better? Schaub or Romo?

Who is better? Schaub or Romo?

I want to know who has bragging rights as The Best Quarterback living in the state of Texas (Drew Brees plays in Louisiana,so that don't count)!!

Matt Schaub is leaps and bounds ahead of the most overated Quarteback in Cowboys history. I am not a fan I am a BELIEVER!!!!

Blog Entries
    The thing you have to give Romo is his experience, which in part is due to his durability. Schaub has to put in another full season or two, show he can take the pounding like he did last season. I agree Romo, like the Cowboys themselves, are always going to be overated. But watch him stand in the pocket flat footed and go through his reads with chaos all around him and you've got to give Tony his due. Schaub seems to be arriving, and I like the team. Better O line play will get them where they want to go. They could be the sleeper this year. Or the Bears. I've got one eye on them, too.

MVP: Quarterback Tony Romo silenced a lot of his critics, and had one of the best seasons a quarterback has had in franchise history. He kept his big play ability and stopped turning the ball over, throwing for 26 touchdowns and only 9 interceptions. Only Matt Schaub and Peyton Manning threw for more yards than him, and of all the 16-game starters, only Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre threw fewer interceptions. He broke some of his records from the 2007 season, and established the following single-season franchise marks: most passing yards (4,483), most passing attempts (550), most completions (347), and most 300-yard passing games (8). He had the third-highest single-season quarterback rating in franchise history (97.6), and won his first career playoff game. He further established himself as a franchise quarterback, his 2009 campaign creating high expectations for his fourth season as a starter in 2010.

Fantasy Im taking Schaub EVERYTIME..But to win one game,its much closer
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

I don't understand why people still think Romo is a bad NFL QB. Look at his numbers last year, they were excellent. He is a very good starting QB in the league, but he gets a lot of flack because people think he's a pretty boy or that he's a choker, none of which has been proven to me as an avid watcher of his team. I'm satisfied with Romo's play for my Boys and I think the end of last season was the failure of his line and not him. He got us that far, partially by beating the Eagles two weeks in a row prior to losing in Minnesota. He is good at what he does. Our team just gets a ridiculous amount of hype and criticism from the public which magnifies every mistake tenfold.

Schaub is the real deal and if he puts together another good season I think he will be on everyone's radar. The guy has a great arm, has a gorgeous touch on his deep ball, and makes all the throws. He is sometimes too quiet on the field and I think he may lack a killer instinct as a competitor, but he's a good QB and if he stays healthy will take the Texans as far as they are willing to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
    Schaub.. I think he may lack a killer instinct as a competitor.
    My main problem with him,in real NFL would probably rather have Romo but fantasy Schaub
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
    I don't understand why people still think Romo is a bad NFL QB. Look at his numbers last year, they were excellent. He is a very good starting QB in the league, but he gets a lot of flack because people think he's a pretty boy or that he's a choker, none of which has been proven to me as an avid watcher of his team. I'm satisfied with Romo's play for my Boys and I think the end of last season was the failure of his line and not him. He got us that far, partially by beating the Eagles two weeks in a row prior to losing in Minnesota. He is good at what he does. Our team just gets a ridiculous amount of hype and criticism from the public which magnifies every mistake tenfold.
    Agreed. It's a Cowboys thing. Of course you've gotta admit, ol' Jerry wouldn't have it any other way. I called Romo overated, but you're right. It's not him but the magnification of everything he does good or bad.

Schaub. He doesn't have the history of choking like Romo does. No forgeting how to take a snap and hold the ball for the kicker type moments...

Blog Entries
    I say Romo; They have gotten further along last year than any other season in recent memory. The Texans are in Good Hands with Schaub but I think that Romo is a guy that you can have on your team and be a Winner in in key situations. However, look for how Schaub does against Peyton Manning & the Colts in 2010. Take Notes, it'll be interesting.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley