Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is better? Schaub or Romo?

Blog Entries
    Are we seriously having this conversation? Schaub had a great year last year, but that was the first season he stayed healthy enough to play the full sixteen. First things first, Schaub needs to be on the field consistently. Second, how many times has Schaub taken the Texans to the playoffs? Will the Texans ever be able to close out big games, especially against division opponents? I'm not convinced that because Houston won a pre-season game they cared about against a Dallas team that didn't, somehow Schaub is a better quarterback. Tony Romo's numbers have been routinely excellent, and he's been a top tier quarterback since 2007. I'm not buying this one, and I'll come back here and post again after the Cowboys beat the Texans in Week 3.

Blog Entries
    P.S. - Don't get me wrong here, I think Matt Schaub is a fine quarterback and the Texans are a solid football team, but this is silly. Schaub's Texans lost four division games consecutively last season (Week 9 @ Indy, Week 11 to Tennessee, Week 12 to Indy, Week 13 @ Jacksonville), including a meltdown against the Colts at home in which the Titans blew a 17-0 lead (outscored 35-3 until a late touchdown). I'm reasonably sure Tony Romo's team has never done this.

Matt Schaub is not an injury risk. The only times he has missed games due to injury have been three late hits that were penalized and/or fined. Drayton Florence, Jared Allen, and Albert Haynesworth were the perpetrators in each instance. Last year he came back in the third quarter of week 13 after dislocating his non-throwing shoulder . The guy is plenty tough enough.

Romo missing the snap in the Seahawks game has been way overblown. That was three seasons ago, and I've always thought that ball looked slippery on the replays. I don't really care about that anymore as a fan.

Not a Cowboy or Romo fan but he's clearly the better QB he's more complete as a player where as Schaub could be more of a product of a good system with Andre Johnson to throw to.....
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."