Thread: This summer, Terrelle Pryor stars in 'Big Trouble in Little Regina'

Blog Entries

This summer, Terrelle Pryor stars in 'Big Trouble in Little Regina'

Thank you, thank you! (That one's for you, Pruitt.)

I guess the Saskatchewan Roughriders have acquired exclusive negotiating rights to Pryor. The Regina Leader-Post has the story here. According to the write-up, the Riders are Pryor's only option in the CFL if he cannot enter the supplemental draft or the NFL decides not to have one.

Personally, I'm rooting for Pryor to wind up in Saskatchewan. I think it would do him some good to go into exile on the Canadian prairies; it may actually do him some good. Does anyone think he'll grow up if he gets drafted directly by an NFL team? I don't.

All the national news outlets are pretty much reading from the same sheet, so please go to Canada's / Conrad Black's own National Post for the full story.
    @kocsan

Watch the five-hole, TP.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

I really don't have any bad feelings towards Pryor. Yeah, he violated some rules but he wasn't Reggie Bush about it. He didn't shake down agents for a freaking house. He just sold his own belongings and his own signature for some cash.

However, the kid is not NFL ready by any stretch. Some time in the CFL or UFL would be a good thing to help him learn professional mechanics at whatever position he ends up playing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    I really don't have any bad feelings towards Pryor. Yeah, he violated some rules but he wasn't Reggie Bush about it. He didn't shake down agents for a freaking house. He just sold his own belongings and his own signature for some cash.

However, the kid is not NFL ready by any stretch. Some time in the CFL or UFL would be a good thing to help him learn professional mechanics at whatever position he ends up playing.
    I hope Pryor succeeds, I just don't think he's ready in terms of mechanics or maturity. In fairness to him, he said the same thing about himself this year after the Sugar Bowl. Sometimes people need a little kick in the ass to reach their full potential, and he wasn't getting there as the #1 recruit in the country or as the quarterback of one of the most storied college football programs in American history.

I'm not upset that he tried to game the system and make a little cash on the side exactly, but I do wish he hadn't been so flagrant about it.
    @kocsan

I'll say a couple of nice things about the great city of Regina

1) It is home to 180,000 people - none of whom are known terrorists.

2) It has an extensive cankerworm spraying program - http://www.regina.ca/AssetFactory.aspx?did=6942

3) It has one of the best named civic pride campaigns ever! - "I Love Regina!"

4) Their citizens go ape**** for their CFL team

5) and I don't have to wake up there.
    Last edited by Pruitt; 06-09-2011 at 10:33 AM. Reason: None of your damn business!