Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Terrell Pryor in the Supplemental Draft

Terrell Pryor in the Supplemental Draft

So any idea who takes a chance on Terrell Pryor and how high he goes?

I'm rooting for the Bengals to draft him, simply because I would find it amusing having him play close to Columbus and the Bengals already have TO and Ocho Cinco, so there might be an additional sideshow here.

But in all seriousness, I probablhy would spend at best a sixth round draft pick on him. I wasn't impressed with his time at Ohio State and don't think he is gonna be a successful NFL QB.

The highest he'll go is the 5th round. And he definitely won't be a successful QB, and I doubt he'll get moved to WR, since I don't think he can catch. He pretty much screwed himself. Should have known better.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

He might be able to fit into a Kordell Stewart role on the right team. The guy has all kinds of athleticism but he's really raw in technique for the NFL. If he lands with the right coaches and if he gets his head on straight (two BIG ifs) he could be fun to watch.

I'm with Docta. I can't seen anything higher than a 5th round pick.

Blog Entries
    Nobody should spend more than a 6th round pick on him, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone spent a 4th rounder on him, knowing how some of these GMs think. He won't be a QB either, he'll have to a WR or TE. He couldn't read Purdue's defense to save his life, how are we supposed to believe he can read the Steelers'?
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Someone will fall in love with his athleticism and draft him as a QB in the 4th or 5th round, figuring they can give him several years to develop and they haven't lost much if he doesn't develop into a legit player, which he won't.

The TP Team Check List:

1) Oakland Raiders -> Hue Jackson is a offense/QB guy. Wants to be more his stamp on the program and he wouldn't be required to start immediately and could be groomed with Campbel and Bruce there

2) Rams -> They draft him, convert him into a WR for Bradford to play around with but also give themselves a functional person to run exotic Run/QB packages that McDaniels would love to try.

3)Washington -> I don't have a solid reasoning here, I just think that with how they were on Locker and Colin during this draft, they will take a long look at Pryor

Surprise team that I think might take a look at him is the Cardinals.It's obvious they plan on picking up a veteran in FA and I've always thought they were looking more to the 2012 QB class but they might decide to go ahead and get Pryor now a year with a 6th Round pick
    FPL: 15 comments can save you 15 minutes or more of embarrassing yourself on a bar discussion

I have a surprise team for you, how about the Steelers? They've obviously had success with former QBs playing WR (Ward, Randle-El) and like to have WRs throw the ball. Like the Ravens and Patriots, they can go out on a limb a little with potential character issues because they have a locker room full of guys that will keep him in line. He is also from the Pittsburgh area. I wouldn't expect the Steelers to reach for him, but maybe in the 6th or 7th round.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes27 View Post
    So any idea who takes a chance on Terrell Pryor and how high he goes?

I'm rooting for the Bengals to draft him, simply because I would find it amusing having him play close to Columbus and the Bengals already have TO and Ocho Cinco, so there might be an additional sideshow here.

But in all seriousness, I probablhy would spend at best a sixth round draft pick on him. I wasn't impressed with his time at Ohio State and don't think he is gonna be a successful NFL QB.

none of those 3 will be Bengals next year.

IMO I think someone uses a 5th rounder on him, particularly a team that is already set at starter and backup, but has a 3rd QB spot open.

Blog Entries
    My guess is Arizona, but Pittsburgh wouldn't surprise me if they take a really late shot. Arizona has a need, and he would come relatively cheap. Plus, with many former Steelers on the coaching staff, I can see them checking him out to see if he fills a modern slash role.

That said, I think we've now given Prior 9 more posts than he's worth. He's an NFL irrelevant at best.
    Last edited by Trumpetbdw; 06-15-2011 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Terrell Pryor, you're no Kordell Stewart

Blog Entries
    Come on, Trumpet. Terrelle Pryor is at least good enough to be benched for Tommy Maddox.
    @kocsan