Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smile!

Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    Neither am I...I only have one or two...

Hundred...
    Dude! That would pay for grad school. Or a down payment on a house anywhere in the armpit!
    These are my principles and if you don't like them ... well ... I have others. ~ Groucho

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    I have a Hostetler jersey, whom I'm pretty sure was before my time, but I acquired it. Pretty sure that guy has been pissed for a decade.
    You stay classy, San Diego.

(It had to be done.)
    Last edited by mkocs6; 06-20-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Brauneyz is on a level with Dorothy Mantooth, guys; don't worry
    @kocsan

Bengals fans here have been remarkably quiet. Because Boomer speaks the truth?
    Boomer's lips to God's ears...yes indeed, Boomer speaks the truth. Boomer always has a lot to say and Bengals fans seem to get po'd at him for most of it, but I truly don't understand why. He's often (usually? sometimes?) right; plus, it's Boomer Esiason, for goodness' sake. When has the man ever, from the time he was drafted back in '84, not spoken his mind? We Bengals fans should be used to him by now, right????
    Bengals fans notoriously wore their jerseys at random times at Ohio State. I famously remember someone wearing a Carson Palmer Pro Bowl jersey on a Tuesday in the spring. (Seriously? Who buys a pro bowl jersey? Ever.) This is precisely the kind of thing I always hated about Cincinnati fans, so maybe their wallowing in self-pity will make them more tolerable.
    Anyone gutsy enough to walk around in any sort of Bengals gear after the last 2 decades or so deserves a little respect or at least a little sympathy, right? I'm not much of a numbered jersey wearer myself--wore a borrowed Manning jersey to the Colts game last fall effectively bringing about the Colts' worst home loss of the Manning era. I had an old-style Bengals #14 as a youngster. This jersey was responsible for the disastrous 1978-1980 seasons, and yes it took me 3 full seasons to come to the conclusion that it was all my fault and that I should never, ever wear a Bengals jersey on gameday again.

Dude! That would pay for grad school. Or a down payment on a house anywhere in the armpit!
    Are you nuts? That may get me a ride on a fine NJ Transit bus. The armpit is the most expensive state ever. It's hovering around $8 for a darn pack of smokes (not that I smoke, just saying thats nuts). Crap houses go for like $300-400k.

Haha, but I never pay more than $50 for my jerseys, and this has been spread out over the last 8 or so years. I limit myself to one a year now
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Quote Originally Posted by mkocs6 View Post
    You stay classy, San Diego.

(It had to be done.)
    Actually, I'm from a bit north of San Diego (as in SF Bay area), but I understand your confusion. I've seen Lubbock!

P.S. I aspire to be classy. But then I hear Groucho in my head and rethink it.

P. P. S. Hellz bellz, just figured out you kids might not get that.
    "I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member".
    These are my principles and if you don't like them ... well ... I have others. ~ Groucho

Blog Entries
    Actually, I'm from a bit north of San Diego (as in SF Bay area), but I understand your confusion. I've seen Lubbock!
    Seen Anchorman? :-P

I'm from Cleveland, anyway, and I'm moving to New Orleans for the next couple years in six weeks. Alas, packa will not sell his jersey collection to help bankroll my doctoral program at Tulane. Thankfully, they gave me a fellowship.

Okay, you're losing me here...
    Last edited by mkocs6; 06-20-2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
    @kocsan

Alas, packa will not sell his jersey collection to help bankroll my doctoral program at Tulane.
    I'm game for anything as long as it involves me getting an advantage in FF. I'll sell em at 100% profit to you for a favorable trade

Blog Entries
    Nope. I accept no financial compensation for fantasy football unless I win a prize through the league results.

Besides, like I said, I got a fellowship, so hawking fantasy football players for cash and/or street-hooking will not be necessary this fall. Phew.
    @kocsan

Never a bad thing to hear Groucho in your head, funniest dude ever.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read."

Quote Originally Posted by mkocs6 View Post
    Nope. I accept no financial compensation for fantasy football unless I win a prize through the league results.

Besides, like I said, I got a fellowship, so hawking fantasy football players for cash and/or street-hooking will not be necessary this fall. Phew.
    I'll trade you my snack pack for Adrian Peterson.