Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite NFL Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Turk Schonert View Post
    No love for Bill Walsh GoBig?
    Oh yeah. I only selected Walsh as my head coach in the FP All-time draft.

Tom Landry, too.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    I prefer Hank Stram or Sid Gillman
    Sid Gillman gets my vote. Looking snazzy!!
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Joe Gibbs.

Blog Entries
    Very Nice. I think another Good one has to be Chuck Noll. What a Legend. What an Employment Record!! His ability to Win in the 70's with the Steelers and get Four (4) Super Bowl titles and have that record untouched is Incredible to me. Being with the Steelers from '69-'91 is also very commendable.

Coach Noll gets little acknowledgement but is still one of Greats to Ever Coach.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRidley View Post
    Very Nice. I think another Good one has to be Chuck Noll. What a Legend. What an Employment Record!! His ability to Win in the 70's with the Steelers and get Four (4) Super Bowl titles and have that record untouched is Incredible to me. Being with the Steelers from '69-'91 is also very commendable.

Coach Noll gets little acknowledgement but is still one of Greats to Ever Coach.
    So true. Think of the praise - most of it justified - that demonstrably lesser coaches get. I think Coach Noll never sucked up to reporters.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Ragar View Post
    I jsut have a bad taste in my mouth for all 3 coaches for teh Colts in SB III (Shula, Noll, and McCafferty). Out schemed and out played by an inferior team(by all accounts) just puts a big black mark on your resume.
    I don't know if you can put it all on the coaches though. Earl Morrall's three first-half interceptions is what did the Colts in that day. But I guess you can argue that Shula could have pulled him in favor of Unitas earlier than he did.

Blog Entries
    Steve Belichick (Hoodie's Dad), I don't care if he was not NFL. Papa Bear. Ditka. Cowher. Noll. Shula. Parcells. Lombardi. Lambeau. Stram. The Ryans. Bum.

Above all, despite some of the stories I have heard and read, I'll still take Papa Bear at number #1. Of course I'm biased.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

8. Steve Belichik's indoor, offseason workouts, was the toughest thing I've ever done. Guys would throw up on the gym floor.

Tony Dungy and not only cause he is a former coach of the Bucs.Mr.Dungy was a guy who his off field exploits might exceed his on-field ones.He was a man first and a coach second. Was always there to showcase that no matter how big football is to you, there are always more important things out there. You might not always agree with his views but he knew he was a role model and not only lived up to it but surpassed it.
    Last edited by ReaderM; 06-30-2011 at 01:18 PM.
    FPL: 15 comments can save you 15 minutes or more of embarrassing yourself on a bar discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRidley View Post

Agreed, Buckeye. If I were a betting person, I'd never bet against a Noll team in the playoffs. Hard to match that level of consistency.