Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Which One?: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning?

Blog Entries

Question Which One?: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning?

Seeing a recent text (txt) poll taken from NFL Network on NFL Total Access made we want to talk this out with FPlanet. Who's Your Guy between Tom Terrific or Super Manning? Which guy would you take in a Big Game? Who is Better in a Clutch situation?

Both Men are Grizzley Veterans in the League and know the taste of Super Bowl Championships and crashing records. But some folks usually have a clear pick of which guy is the Best in the NFL. Both teams (Patriots and Colts) have greatly benefited from their respective QB's talents and have made their teams strong forces to be dealt with.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRidley; 07-01-2011 at 05:20 AM. Reason: [respective]
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Blog Entries
    I certainly go Peyton Manning. I've been a fan of his since 2002 and its like we started this journey together. He first worked with Tony Dungy in 2002 and was trying to win big games; Playoff Games; and hopefully Super Bowl games! I started liking sports including Football and tried to be more Cool. Besides that, Peyton can come through and get the ball where it needs to be. If the Colts lose, you can rarely, if ever, say it was Peyton's fault. He can play hurt and with an understudy's understudy like in 2010. He got to the Super Bowl and won giving the Manning name more pride and has become the face of the NFL with ads BUT with his game play too. Call Peyton's number and he'll cook up somethin' for the Colts to play ball with.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Early in their careers Manning was Dan Marino and Brady was Joe Montana. Manning had the stats while Brady had the rings. Since then Manning has gotten his ring and Brady set the record for TD passes in a season. Right now I would tend to lean towards Manning, but it's close and it depends on how I would get him. Manning is the prototype QB. His understanding of the game allows the Colts to do things other teams can't even dream about. It could be argued that the Colts have an unfair advantage by being the only team whose offensive coordinator is in the huddle. However, if I would have to spend the 1st overall pick on Manning but could get Brady for pick 199, I'm going Brady.

Blog Entries
    Manning.

I feel Manning has propped up his team more and that Manning can do more with less than Brady, including coaching.

Blog Entries
    I take Brady, ever so slightly. Manning is machine-like, is the most prepared QB in history, and seems to rely solely on his preparation when on the field. His best should beat your best, and if his best isn't working, he seems to keep going to the well.

Brady comes across as more of a grinder on the field. It seems that he adapts better, and has a little more of a whatever-it-takes mentality.

Both of these guys light up most defenses, good/bad/average, it doesn't matter. Other than 2007, Brady hasn't lit up defenses quite like Manning tends to, but Brady has also struggled less against certain teams. Manning has struggled, at times, with NE, although he's improved. He's also struggled with Pittsburgh, and the Jets have also given him some bugaboos recently. The Jets and Ravens are really the only teams that have given Brady any sort of trouble in recent years, with the common theme being Rex Ryan (and his spawned system still in place in Baltimore).

As a fan, Manning doesn't terrify me nearly as much as Brady. I wanted to see Pittsburgh go through NE last year, but if NE had managed to get by the Jets, on a scale of 1-10, my confidence level would have been about a 2. My confidence level with Pittsburgh against the Colts in a similar spot would be 7 or 8.

The first game I remember in detail is the Raiders shellacking of the Redskins in Super Bowl XVIII. Since that time, I'd put Manning at 4 or 5 as far as QBs I don't want to face at their peak. Brady to me is #2 on that list, behind only an at-his-apex Steve Young, who could beat you in more ways than anyone I've ever seen.

Give me Brady.

I agree with all of these thoughts, but go Brady for three reasons. First, he's younger and hasn't had his neck Borged. Second, I really like looking at his wife, so I want her around. Third, I prefer his hissy fits. A lower pitched, more manly shriek than Manning's.

7. I can't believe people actually choose Manning in this debate. Brady has won more and that's all that matters. Manning defenders have all types of excuses for him like he doesn't have a defense (though it was his defense that led them to SB41) or running game (though the running backs should have been the SB41 MVP....not Manning). And what about 2005, 2007, 2008, and 2010 when the Colts had home-field advantage and lost their first playoff game? Colts fans will say that Manning earned them the great regular season record and it was everyone else's fault but his that they lost the playoff games.

Manning every time. I've never seen a quarterback with the level of command of an offense and of an offensive team that Manning has. All other things being equal (and all other things are never equal which is what keeps the debate interesting), Manning is the superior player.

I might consider changing my mind if Brady gets a decent haircut

Quote Originally Posted by RayFinkle View Post
    I can't believe people actually choose Manning in this debate. Brady has won more and that's all that matters.
    I don't agree. Mark Rypien has more Super Bowl titles than Dan Marino and Dan Fouts combined. I don't think you can just rank all QBs by wins, playoff wins or Super Bowl wins and that alone will tell you who the best QB is.

Blog Entries
    Brady. He's put up a couple of stinkers these last 2 playoffs, but he still has been amazing when it counts the most. Also think he's a better leader.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte