Thread: Sergio Kindle injured

Sergio Kindle injured

Ravens rookie Sergio Kindle in stable condition after fall
    Linebacker had an accident
    Aaron Wilson

July 25, 2010, 03:13 PM EST

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens rookie linebacker Sergio Kindle is in stable condition with a head injury after falling down two flights of stairs in Austin, Texas.

The second-round draft pick is at University Medical Center Brackendrige.

The unsigned former Longhorns star won't be reporting this week for training camp as he recovers from his injury.

"Members of our medical staff, including Bill Tessendorf and Dr. Andy Tucker, have spoken with doctors in Texas. We understand Sergio is stable at this time and that he is being tested and observed," Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said in a statement.

http://www.nationalf...after-fall.html

Ravens rookie Sergio Kindle in stable condition after fall
    Linebacker had an accident
    Aaron Wilson

July 25, 2010, 03:13 PM EST

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens rookie linebacker Sergio Kindle is in stable condition with a head injury after falling down two flights of stairs in Austin, Texas.

The second-round draft pick is at University Medical Center Brackendrige.

The unsigned former Longhorns star won't be reporting this week for training camp as he recovers from his injury.

"Members of our medical staff, including Bill Tessendorf and Dr. Andy Tucker, have spoken with doctors in Texas. We understand Sergio is stable at this time and that he is being tested and observed," Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said in a statement.

http://www.nationalf...after-fall.html

man thats awful,hope he recovers fast
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Bad news for the Ravens. Were they expecting to come in and start right away at one of LB spots? If not, it's still a tough situation anytime a rookie has to miss all or part of training camp.
    Just call me Ott.

Quote Originally Posted by OverTheTop View Post
    Bad news for the Ravens. Were they expecting to come in and start right away at one of LB spots? If not, it's still a tough situation anytime a rookie has to miss all or part of training camp.
    Especially one with a history of injuries, I dont' think they were expecting him to produce immediately at all on that team but this is a high draft pick getting injured on the eve of training camps. With all the renewed focus on concussions and head injuries, I wonder how the Ravens will handle him in coming back.
    FPL: 15 comments can save you 15 minutes or more of embarrassing yourself on a bar discussion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverTheTop View Post
    He wasn't going to start, but he was definitely going to be a part of the rotation and he would be included in plenty of packages. Either way, it's still never a good thing when your team's top draft pick gets injured, and especially like this. The silver lining looks like it's that the injury doesn't appear to be serious, and he'll have plenty of time to recover before the season starts. Obviously you want him to be in camp, but when circumstances are out of your control like this...it's just tough man. Really hope he's ok, and hopefully he can make a full recovery before he gets back on the field.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

He slid to the 2nd round because of that injury history. He's had several knee injuries and is on medication for narcalepsy. The current injury is assumed to be unrelated to those, but yet another injury to a player that has had so many has to be a concern, not only for his football career but also for his life after football. It's too bad, he is extremely talented.

I'm wondering if his bum knee gave out on him. Or maybe issues with his narcalepsy? How does one just fall down two flights of stairs?

Good Grief! Do these guys need to sit in a rubber room before camp! I mean, walking down stairs! How dangerous is that supposed to be? I really do hope he is not to badly banged up and makes a full and speedy recovery.
    Buckle Dem Chinstraps Primadonnas!

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    I'm wondering if his bum knee gave out on him. Or maybe issues with his narcalepsy? How does one just fall down two flights of stairs?
    I definitely dont see how they could rule out this being related to his narcalepsy, thats a very scary condition for any athlete to have to deal with, I hope he recovers soon....I enjoyed watching him play at Texas seems like a real gamer and would fit in well with that Ravens D
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."