Thread: Name That (Favorite) NFL Tune

Blog Entries

Cool Name That (Favorite) NFL Tune

Which network has the Best NFL theme song?

Does Hank Williams, Jr. still get 'er done? Do you like the guitar-enriched theme song from NBC for SNF?

I think their all pretty good but some bring a better feeling and anticipation than others & nonetheless it equates to football time like a dinner bell ringing when supper's ready.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Blog Entries
    Pardon if this is the pirated version, but this version of the Sunday Night Football theme song is AWESOME!!!! I get goosebumps and it reminds me of how excited NBC was to get the NFL back in 2006. My favorite version above-all and the current version is the Best of the others out there.

I have hated that moronic Hank Williams Jr. song for twenty years now... the only vaguely interesting thing about it is when he struggles to get certain team names to scan.

I went for a quick search an found this... So inspirational I may find the album and download it.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

The ultimate NFL films song has to be 'What do you do with a drunken sailor'. The NFL does a great of consistency in their music. Trumpets, violins and timpani, what else do you need.

Blog Entries
    As a professional band director, and therefore, the self-proclaimed "expert" on this topic, with the emphasis on "self-proclaimed", the NFL Films music blows away anything else that's put together. Sam Spence's style is perfectly suited for NFL Films. All of the songs are fantastic, and Drunken Sailor is certainly one of the best. The newer stuff, some of which are done by David Robidoux, is also fantastic. I think this is a Robidoux, but I'm not 100% certain. However, it's the best theme song in the history of theme songs, perfectly delegated as the official NFL Films Super Bowl music. This gives my goose bumps goose bumps.

First I totally underestimated how hyped I would get listening to this compilation of all the NFL theme songs

For my money,it's the opening for Monday Night Football that currently used by ESPN..once I hear those horns tote.. I'm ready to go, plus I got to give ESPN credit, their "Is It Monday Yet" Ad Campaign has been brilliant
    FPL: 15 comments can save you 15 minutes or more of embarrassing yourself on a bar discussion

Speaking of SuperBowls, I remember about to go outside and tackle someone at the SuperBowl Party I was at after watching this one..was just a great Opening IMO though I still find it funny that at 1:32, Caldwell still looks like a human robot

FPL: 15 comments can save you 15 minutes or more of embarrassing yourself on a bar discussion

Blog Entries
    Very Nice Men; I think NFL theme songs can be applauded in part to Ed Sabol who created NFL Films and the drama and humor of the game commanded such brilliant music. I've always loved music from the soundtrack like the bells tolling. I heard that in the bone chilling winter one year when my nephew was playing high school football in Northern Ohio about a half an hour from Ben Roethlisberger's hometown in the playoffs. Straight Football. That's what it's all about.