Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carry my pads Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by DemCowboys View Post
    From what I have seen and heard, this guy is totally focused on football and wants to win. To say he doesn't have any character because he refused to carry some pads is a bit premature. We all know his upbringing and I would take a lot of players that come from a childhood like his because it typically breeds a great work ethic. These guys had a rough life and don't want to live out their lives the same way. He may be rough around the edges right now, but he has his head on straight when it comes to football. You could be right in your assessment of his character, but let him make some real mistakes before we judge him on that.
    Agreed 100%

Quote Originally Posted by DemCowboys View Post
    From what I have seen and heard, this guy is totally focused on football and wants to win. To say he doesn't have any character because he refused to carry some pads is a bit premature. We all know his upbringing and I would take a lot of players that come from a childhood like his because it typically breeds a great work ethic. These guys had a rough life and don't want to live out their lives the same way. He may be rough around the edges right now, but he has his head on straight when it comes to football. You could be right in your assessment of his character, but let him make some real mistakes before we judge him on that.
    My sentiments exactly. As I said in the other thread, I don't even think this is a news story. If Bryant plays well on the field and stays focused on improving as a player, none of this will matter.

If He truly needed help it would be different. How does change come, not by doing what everybody else is doing! It doesnt mean He doesnt want to be a team player! Doesnt respect work both ways!

He is probably thinking - I cant believe this talked about! Like the presidents wife dress having no sleeves, who cares

The only way I would agree w/ Bryant, is if Williams was just doing it to be an ass. Otherwise, every great player has had to do it and Dez should be no different. Carrying pads is not a big deal, so I think Dez should of done it. However, if Roy was trying to belittle him then good for Dez for sticking up for himself.
    "Ability is a poor man's wealth."

Just get the damn pads already, rook. You take his job, just adds more insult to injury.