Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Non-Football Athlete Draft

1. Non-Football Athlete Draft

OK guys, after reading all the best/worst/crazy draft ideas you've had, here's my idea (maybe because it's something I reckon i'll do well in, living in a rugby/league mad country)

It's the "Athletes who did not play football above high school (if at all) draft"
    So, we pick people we think COULD have dominated football... then discuss and critique. Someone might pick LeBron. Someone might take Usain Bolt.

What is the usual procedure for something like this? I also think we should declare what sort of offense/defense we will run, as a triple-option team could use different athletes to a pro-style team.

That's actually a cool idea. Depending on how long the stupidity between the testosterone/steroid/HGH filled punks and the senile old coots lasts we might have to squeeze this in.

Hope Solo will be my first round pick.

Blog Entries
    It's certainly an interesting idea, and one that I personally wouldn't be averse to using. If you can get enough support behind it, I'm sure we would be able to use it in the near future. Normally it's Docta or ReaderM setting up the Drafts, and we try to make sure we only have one going on at a time, but this is definitely one to think on.

Also, welcome to FootballPros.com!
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

I could see Shaq as the NT on special teams. Good luck kicking a FG over him.

5. Here's a possible MLB...

Blog Entries
    I'm in. Everyone wants LeBron to play tight end; I'd put him at defensive end. Monstrous.
    @kocsan

Would they just have to be current athletes, or could it be any athlete in history?
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

8. Any athlete in history.
    If you want Pele, you get Pele.

At this point, I think we would all be in for a "Best Kitchen Appliance" draft.

LeBron James played WR in high school. One NFL scout tabbed him the "second best WR I've ever seen".
    Last edited by GoBigOrGoHome; 07-23-2011 at 07:56 AM.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    I'd be in as well, I guess, but how long is it going to take us to complete the other draft? Getting 2 at one time may be a bit much at this point.