Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which One?: Mike and Mike in the Morning or The Dan Patrick Show?

Blog Entries

Question Which One?: Mike and Mike in the Morning or The Dan Patrick Show?

I like The Dan Patrick Show. It was profiled by the L.A. Times recently and appeared in The Columbus Dispatch. I think his style is more what I prefer and he's like a Cool Neighbor who you can talk sports with and will enjoy it from start to finish. Dan is Cool with me and I'm glad he's on Fox Sports but wish it would be live from 6 AM-10 AM and on a more mainstream radio station locally.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Absolutely Dan Patrick. I like the fact it isn't wall to wall sports when there's only one wall's worth of sports stuff to talk about. I also prefer no yelling.

Plus Shay in Irving can't be Will Ferrell, because Shay in Irving is usually funny.

Blog Entries
    I like both...Patrick is decent, but it almost feels too elitst for me, personally, so I'll lean towards Mike and Mike overall...I do agree to an extent about the "sports talk" thing, but I'm a radio major, so I get it haha...although ratings are done differently than 3 years ago, it's still the same idealism for rush hour talk in most markets
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMilk View Post
    I like both...Patrick is decent, but it almost feels too elitst for me, personally, so I'll lean towards Mike and Mike overall...I do agree to an extent about the "sports talk" thing, but I'm a radio major, so I get it haha...although ratings are done differently than 3 years ago, it's still the same idealism for rush hour talk in most markets
    I'm comfortable not being the target audience, I suppose. Mike and Mike sound like the guys I've worked with at jobs I didn't enjoy. I have little desire to back and visit, as it were. Better than Rome, though. Definitely bettter.

Blog Entries
    I am an internet listener. When is DP on on the interweb, live?

Blog Entries
    I'd pick DP, although Mike and Mike is on at a time much more conducive to my listening. I don't hate them as much as some do, but they certainly can be grating, a bit simplistic, and certainly try to force heated debates out of nothing by over-dramatizing everything.

I think the better debate is Colin vs. Rome. I enjoy both of those guys very much, but to me, I like the fact that Cowherd is a pretty straight-forward, tell-it-like-it-is guy. I'm also really starting to enjoy Doug Gottlieb, who seems to be in that Cowherd mold.

At least we don't have to argue the merits of Kornheiser any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    I think the better debate is Colin vs. Rome.
    Jim Rome is a self-absorbed repetition-machine who is moderately funny when dealing with his listeners but is (as I recall as I haven't listened in a couple of years) a ridiculous sycophant with his guests. How he got the reputation as a good interviewer is beyond me. His questions tend to be along the lines of "So, it must have been hard for you growing up in a tough neighborhood..." or "how great did it feel to finally get named to your first All-Star team..."

Having said that, I would gladly listen to ten hours of Rome over ten minutes of Colin Cowherd who is a pandering, clueless schmuck http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/espns-...k-nfl-players/

Nothing personal Trumpet - but one morning, I was driving around desperate for sports radio that wasn't all hockey, all the time, and I decided to give Cowherd one more chance... two minutes later I decided that from now on, it would be podcasts only in the car.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Quote Originally Posted by darvon View Post
    I am an internet listener. When is DP on on the interweb, live?
    In 3 minutes. 9 Eastern.

Although technically, the talking doesn't start until the seven minute intro is complete.

Blog Entries
    DP show. I like his outsider stance, because ESPN constrains it's people too much. It's not hard-hitting journalism, but those days are long gone in the PR saavy world we live in. At least it's entertaining.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte