Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible Free Agent Signings

Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    It's cool, we all pick each other's brains. It's the good thing about FP.

Roy Williams....if the tag isn't too large, maybe.
    Ol' Roy didn't much care for Mike Martz when they were both in Detroit. FYI.

Oh, and he is a low rent TO when talking to the media. Complete tool.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Roy Williams hasn't been good for years. A waste of time and money if the Bears go after him. Now that Rice is gone, I'd rather just let it ride with the WRs we got (with or without Olsen, since he's apparently on the trading block and with my idea of making Hester only be on the field in return situations and 4+ WR sets).

You're probably right but Roy did have a huge year when he played with Martz in Det. If he could be had for cheap I would go after him.

I just wish the Bears would start doing something. So far the biggest Bears news is Cutler calling off his engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by puppychili View Post
    You're probably right but Roy did have a huge year when he played with Martz in Det. If he could be had for cheap I would go after him.

I just wish the Bears would start doing something. So far the biggest Bears news is Cutler calling off his engagement.
    When the guy's head is in the game, he can play. Dude made a ton of circus catches in Detroit that never made their way onto the Peyton, Tom & Drew Network.

Looks like we got Dan Connor in the Olsen trade. Now they better get another receiver or they aren't going anywhere. Matt Spaeth doesn't count.

Fun fact: If they don't get back Corey Graham, they wouldn't have any of the 9 players they drafted in the 2008 draft. How 'bout them scouts?
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    Looks like we got Dan Connor in the Olsen trade. Now they better get another receiver or they aren't going anywhere. Matt Spaeth doesn't count.

Fun fact: If they don't get back Corey Graham, they wouldn't have any of the 9 players they drafted in the 2008 draft. How 'bout them scouts?
    Thank God you didn't sign Dan Connolly...

Blog Entries
    Do you know if she kept her signing bonus after she was cut?

Well, looks like they only got a 3rd round pick for Olsen. Lovie and Martz just don't understand...
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    Well, looks like they only got a 3rd round pick for Olsen. Lovie and Martz just don't understand...
    For the little use Martz makes of his TEs, the Bears should go after one who is an asset in the run game and real good at picking up blitzing LBs.

That's probably what Spaeth was signed for. I'm not too familiar with him though.

But the Bears did sign 26 UDFA's, and Tressor Baptiste was one of them. I think we may have just gotten a steal. And yes, I understand that they're just highlights.
    ― Walter Payton