Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Possible Free Agent Signings

Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    Well, looks like they only got a 3rd round pick for Olsen. Lovie and Martz just don't understand...
    Olsen was ruining Martz' attempt to kill Cutler. On quite a few occasions when Cutler was about to be slaughtered he found Olsen in time to avoid the sack. Olsen had to go.

And a 3rd round pick? Honestly? For an All Pro level TE that's ridiculous. Angelo must be smoking from the same bong as Irsay.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    Olsen was ruining Martz' attempt to kill Cutler. On quite a few occasions when Cutler was about to be slaughtered he found Olsen in time to avoid the sack. Olsen had to go.

And a 3rd round pick? Honestly? For an All Pro level TE that's ridiculous. Angelo must be smoking from the same bong as Irsay.
    Am I wrong, or is Carolina having a good week? Resigning Johnson, Steve Smith wanting to stay and now getting Olsen. A 3 is well worth the security blanket that Olsen will be for Clausen, or more likely, Cam. Carolina may well have gotten a steal with that trade.
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.

One team that's been awful quiet during this frenzy: Colts. Is that a good or a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by jwill5587 View Post
    One team that's been awful quiet during this frenzy: Colts. Is that a good or a bad thing?
    As long as our 2nd string QB is NOT named C.Painter.Watching the Jets and Pats in this FA market is like watching the arms race between the USA and the USSR in the 70's-80's.
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

[QUOTE=Docta;64042]That's probably what Spaeth was signed for. I'm not too familiar with him though.

Spaeth is a big guy, good in line blocker better than average. He was mostly used in Pittsburghs heavy packages as the extra in line te. He has good, not great hands and is a big Target in the end zone. Not the best route runner because he lacks ideal speed. Other than as huge red zone drop vs the jets last year that would have won the regular season game he has been a solid dependable player.

Blog Entries
    Geez. It has been so long, that I have been forgetting to check the Bears boards.

I want a corner and two offensive linemen.

Instead, I hear we are signing Roy Williams.

HOMER RANT: I will like this team a little less than I did before with this signing. Roy Williams showed up the defense after every meaningless catch while he was with the Lions. I can't stand his personality and his lack of cultivation of his own talent. This proves again that the league is only and only a business. By the way, after we sign Jake Delhomme to be Todd Collins version 2.0, we do not need the defenses to have even more reason to plow Cutler. I do not find a lot of good in this deal unless it does finally admit that Hester will be FT kick returner and punt returner and a situation slot receiver again.

Oh, and this BS with the tight ends. It's TIGHT ENDS in a MARTZ OFFENSE. They are like the sober religious guy at an orgy. They are useless. So we miss out on Bushrod because we may or may not be getting rid of Olsen. Who cares? Trade Olsen and sign some high school power forward for all I care.

RANT OVER.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

I will gladly take the Roy Williams that tore it up under Martz in Detroit. Now its time for them to get some O-Linemen for crissakes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Polishguy00 View Post
    Oh, and this BS with the tight ends. It's TIGHT ENDS in a MARTZ OFFENSE. They are like the sober religious guy at an orgy. They are useless. So we miss out on Bushrod because we may or may not be getting rid of Olsen. Who cares? Trade Olsen and sign some high school power forward for all I care.
    It's not like he was never used. He led the team in receiving TDs, and was their only true redzone target. Maybe if we had an actual #1 WR it would be okay, and not a bunch of slot receivers.

And 3rd round picks usually don't work out when Jerry Angelo is in charge...

Garrett Wolfe
    Michael Okwo
    Jarron Gilbert
    Bernard Berrian
    Dusty Dvoracek
    Marcus Harrison
    Last edited by Docta; 07-29-2011 at 07:14 PM.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

A quick summary of our moves this week:

Signed Roy Williams, WR.
    Traded away Greg Olsen, former first round pick and last man standing of our 2007 class, for a third round pick.
    Seemingly didn't make an attempt to sign the best free agent this year, Nmandi Asomugha, even though IMO we could use another CB.
    Signed uber-bust Vernon Gholston.
    Signed a TE to replace Olsen, Spaeth (actually, I like this move).
    No major additions to their biggest weakness, OL

Maybe Angelo knows what he's doing. Maybe he's got a plan. Maybe these undrafted guys will plan out. Maybe...

Aww forget it. This sucks.

Bears now have 89 players on the roster, while the max the NFL allows is 90. A third of those players are UDFAs. I hate this team.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton