Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible Free Agent Signings

Possible Free Agent Signings

Football is back and so are the Bears!! I think this team will have a major chip on their shoulder this season because of how last season ended. It's obvious though that the Bears need help at some positions, namely O-Line and Wide Receiver.

What kind of a player do you guys think the Bears will be in this rushed free agency period? I don't even know how much cap room they have. Is Robert Gallery worth the money he'll be asking for? Can the Bears land someone like Santonio Holmes? Should they be greedy and try to sign a top defensive player?

Whatever happens I'm definitely looking forward to this Bears season!

1) Man it feels good to see something like this. Yay football.

2) I may be completely nuts, but I don't think WR is that big of a need for us. I like what we got in Knox and Bennett and Olsen, and I don't like the WRs a lot in free agency other than Sidney Rice (who I do hope the Bears make a run at). Otherwise, whatever.

3) I'll take any OL with a pulse at this point. Gallery may not be worth the money but he can't be any worse than who we've been putting out there so far. If there's anyone else that would like to come to Chicago, they're welcome in my book.

4) I haven't looked at a free agency list in a while, but I do think the Bears need to look at some LBs. Urlacher and Briggs aren't getting any younger, and Roach is okay but he's not the greatest. As I said, I don't know who's out there but it might be worth looking. Same for some DL help too.

5) I'd love to be in the Asomugha sweepstakes, but I don't think we will. I don't care what anyone thinks about our secondary, and I don't care if he doesn't fit in our system. Get him and fix our system so he shuts down Jennings, Johnson, and whoever the Vikings want to throw at us.

EDIT: 6) Would love to get Manning back personally. Like his effort, still like his potential (kinda a hunch, but go with it).
    Last edited by DaBearsFan; 07-27-2011 at 12:01 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBearsFan View Post
    2) I may be completely nuts, but I don't think WR is that big of a need for us. I like what we got in Knox and Bennett and Olsen, and I don't like the WRs a lot in free agency other than Sidney Rice (who I do hope the Bears make a run at). Otherwise, whatever.
    Da Bears!

We don't need a WR. Knox is a shifty speedster, as well as Hester. One more year in the Martz system should help. What we need is time for the routes to develop.

What we need is an OL. We need to add talent at G (last year reminded me of some bullfights I've been to). We need to add depth at C. Carimi should let us at least have a power run game again (we sucked at goal line situations last year). A decent OL changes our offense.

I'm with you, we need depth at LB. We were extremely lucky that we didn't loose Urlacher and Briggs for long periods of time. Though in 09 we were ravaged by injuries, so it just might have been that we got karma on our side again. But I think our next LBs have to be developed or drafted. But a serviceable replacement would be nice, just for the depth. I miss Hillenmeyer.

CBs: Major Wright? Is he for real? Seems like he's always injured. We might make a run at Joseph, but we're not going to get a franchise CB on the FA market.

IMO, we need to focus on OL, OL, LB, and the rest is gravy.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

It would be nice to have a tall WR though. Everyone the Bears have now is on the small side. OL should be their number one priority though. I just heard that Gallery is going to Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by puppychili View Post
    It would be nice to have a tall WR though. Everyone the Bears have now is on the small side. OL should be their number one priority though. I just heard that Gallery is going to Seattle
    Well, what WR do you think the Bears should go after? I'd like to go after Rice if we can, but more because I think he's got a lot of talent and can be really good someday, not necessarily because it's a position of weakness. I look at our defense and see a lot of old players. I look at our offensive line and get really nervous for Cutler (though I do like Carimi a lot and think he'll be good). I agree with iwatt, some OL, followed by some linebackers and then everything else is just nice to have.

On another note, anyone want the Bears to stick it to GB and sign Nick Barnett? Sounds appealing to me. And does anyone know anything about the undrafted guys we've been signing?

Quote Originally Posted by DaBearsFan View Post
    On another note, anyone want the Bears to stick it to GB and sign Nick Barnett? Sounds appealing to me. And does anyone know anything about the undrafted guys we've been signing?
    Sounds like bitterness to me, but go for it. You can have him. He's ok at what he does- Not great and not terrible, just kind of mediocre. He was outplayed big time by Hawk and Bishop last season, is a drama queen and has had injury issues in the past.

Please, be my guest.

Blog Entries
    Those are issues you are correct in pointing out, Sparta. But it would be some gamesmanship, specially considering the info on the Capers schemes he'd bring to the table.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    Those are issues you are correct in pointing out, Sparta. But it would be some gamesmanship, specially considering the info on the Capers schemes he'd bring to the table.
    Eh, maybe, except he was out for most of the year last year, and Capers playbook is pretty deep. I doubt he'll have much worthwhile info to share.

Who invited the Packer fan?

Anyways, what do you guys think of Roy Williams? He might come pretty cheap after getting cut by Dallas.

Blog Entries
    It's cool, we all pick each other's brains. It's the good thing about FP.

Roy Williams....if the tag isn't too large, maybe.
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte