Thread: This Can't Be Good

This Can't Be Good

Alex Smith re-signed.

Frank Gore incommunicado.

Uh oh!
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Blog Entries
    Depends. If Clem doesn't know where you live, and you liked Harold & Maude, it might be just deliciously fascinating.

Gore will be fine. if there is one person on that offense that can afford to miss time, and the offense wont suffer, its gore. asmith/kaepernick need to get on the same page with the receives, and the OL needs to gel. dixon/hunter can take handoffs and learn the offense while Gore sits and waits. it MIGHT actually be a good thing.

and while im here...what is going on in niner land?

On Defense....Franklin is clearly on his way out...the DL takes a major downgrade, but i think is still above avg. Spikes is gone, Bowman adds speed and might allow Willis to rush the passer more. so im still satisfied with the front 7. But its looking increasingly unlikely that they wont bring in another DB (not a player for Joseph or Cromartie, Asomugha is a big IF) and they might lose Clements and/or Goldson. there needs to be a panic level urgency to upgrade their pass defense NOW.

also, i know York doesnt want to build through FA, and i like that...but how about getting your struggling/young QBs another weapon? James Jones, Rice, Edwards..even Moss? anything that can run and catch?

They lose Baas and look to be a player to sign another center or move Snyder to the C spot. But theyre still 1 guard away from being a top notch OL.

im not a huge Bush fan, but i wish they made a play here. this offense doesnt really scare anyone. Davis, Gore are great players, but its rare that a talent like Bush comes along to keep a defense on their toes.

Blog Entries
    I think that SF should make a hard push for Nmandi.
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    I think that SF should make a hard push for Nmandi.
    After cutting Nate Clements, it seems like their gonna do just that. Everyone says he loves the bay area, which will surely help, but I have a horrible feeling the Jets are in his future.
    "Ability is a poor man's wealth."