View Poll Results: NFC Super Bowl team from 7 that haven't been in the last 9 years

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cowboys

3 13.04%
  • Redskins

0 0%
  • Vikings

6 26.09%
  • Packers

12 52.17%
  • Lions

0 0%
  • Falcons

1 4.35%
  • 49ers

1 4.35%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFC Super Bowl teams

NFC Super Bowl teams

One of the most amazing streaks in sports right now, over the last 9 years the NFC has sent 9 different teams to the Super Bowl: Rams, Bucs, Panthers, Eagles, Seahawks, Bears, Giants, Cardinals and Saints. Even more amazing is that, of the teams not on that list, every team except the Lions (sorry Lions' fans) has a realistic shot at the playoffs this year. So if the trend continues, who's next?

It's hard to vote against the Vikings with this streak. And it seems very likely to continue. Weird.

Have to believe it's the Vikings. Cris was spot on with his analysis a while back against New Orleans, that team is a juggernaut and very much poised to make another run. It's a tumultuous division but you have to think that team is still the one to beat.

It's funny, of those nine I don't think any is going to make it to the Super Bowl or go too deep in the playoffs. If I had to pick other favorites, I would lean towards the Packers or Dallas. By the time either of them has their divisions in a chokehold, they'll be ready for a playoff run. I would be very wary of the winner of the NFC North or East. Of course I'm rooting against both, but it is what it is. So many things would have to go right for Philadelphia to threaten contention, I honestly would be extremely happy with a ten-win season and have optimism for future season I haven't had in a while.

That is an interesting rotation of representation though. Can't wait for the next guy to step up.
    [I]"Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do, but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're not talking about the game, we're talking about practice."[/I]

Blog Entries
    Despite an unfortunately-timed question mark, I think the Packers with Aaron Rodgers and their great receiving corps are a scary team. The Jolly thing will hurt the defense a little, but I really do like that team. I like Raji in his second year and Rodgers just seems to be great. I would pick the Vikings over them but they have reached what I call "Wake me up when it does not end terribly" status. The Cowboys are a threat.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

The Packers by a hair over the Cowboys, I just feel everything went right for the Vikings last year( minus the NFC title game) and things will even out some this year.

The NFC Super Bowl rep is coming out of the North this year. I am on the Vikings but also agree that the Packers have what it takes to get there. This division was downright pathetic just a couple seasons ago. Pretty amazing turnaround. The Cowboys, much like the Jets, are setting themselves up for a fall. Now that I've verbalized that, we will probably get a Jets/Cowboys SB.
    Last edited by GoBigOrGoHome; 07-27-2010 at 06:50 PM.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

I'll pick the Vikings if Favre is back. If they have to rely on Jackson at QB, then they may finish third in their own division.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    One of the most amazing streaks in sports right now, over the last 9 years the NFC has sent 9 different teams to the Super Bowl: Rams, Bucs, Panthers, Eagles, Seahawks, Bears, Giants, Cardinals and Saints. Even more amazing is that, of the teams not on that list, every team except the Lions (sorry Lions' fans) has a realistic shot at the playoffs this year. So if the trend continues, who's next?

As a Lions fan I hope at the end of the season we can look back at this post and know it was wrong. (I know slim chance but hey ya never know.)

But I picked the Packers.

It was really close between the Packers and the Vikings for me here. I went with the Pack, but I could be swayed.
    [I]There's always next year[/I]

I think the struggle for the NFC North is the schedule - having to go through the NFC East and the AFC East (plus each other) will make it difficult for Green Bay or Minnesota to get the #1 seed and home field advantage in the playoffs.