Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Addition by subtraction

I tend to agree, Andy. The Cowboys may be decent. Philly has big issues in the OL. Vick will surely be injured.

For me, this is about the Redskins more than it is the opposition. It's just nice to finally have an actual team on the field, not a bunch of over-paid drama queens. It's clear the 'Skins will lose their share. The o-line is a problem and the QB is going to cough it up. But the defense is stout and as long as the offense doesn't fall apart, it should keep them in games.

For the first time in a long time, I actually like the players and am enjoying cheering for them. What a pleasant change.

Pinch me.

First place in the NFC East after 4 games. Tie me to a pig and roll me in the mud. Cut my legs off and call me shorty.

Blimey.

I can think of about 25 teams I'd rather see next weekend instead of the Eagles. They're a talented and desperate team. It's going to be a ferocious game.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    I can think of about 25 teams I'd rather see next weekend instead of the Eagles. They're a talented and desperate team. It's going to be a ferocious game.
    Whichever RB that fantasy killing bastard Shanahan decides to start will feast on the Eagles' soft, soft belly. Orakpo and Kerrigan will harrass Vick. The biggest concern is the Skins corners vs. Jackson and Maclin. Those little guys are fast and can turn a game around in one play.

If the Redskins play keep away with the run game and prevent the big plays they'll be fine.

And Andy Reid is often lauded for his record coming off bye weeks. But the Shanarat is not too shabby (10-5, I think) coming out of an off week.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Kerrigan is turning out to be a fantastic player. Great draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Kerrigan is turning out to be a fantastic player. Great draft pick.
    Kerrigan was among my least favorite players in this draft. I thought he played too small. Example #93,472 of why I'm not an NFL scout.

Subtraction by subtraction.

Left guard out for the season. Left tackle (and #1 pick) out for an extended period.

And now Tim Hightower lost for the season.

This was a team operating on defensive talent and togetherness. It's not a deep team, especially on offense, and in particular on the o-line. There could be some long Sundays ahead for Redskins fans.

More subtraction by subtraction.

Chris Cooley out for the year. Santana Moss for 7 weeks or so.

I see a lot of struggles ahead.

Yikes. Looks like the redskins have surpassed the Giants as the most banged up team in the division.

On a positive note, Cooley, Moss and Hightower now have more time to enjoy Toronto's strip joints - reputed to be the best in North America.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur